Silver laced wyandottes - Roos or hens??

Goosie looks to be a pullet, though it's hard to tell because of the image quality. They just don't like to hold still, do they?

Last edited:
Your thoughts why??? Do you raise wyandottes??

I've had more than a few of these over the years, both silver and gold laced. I have never seen a 6 week old chick with a comb that big and red at 6 weeks. I have a pair right now that are a bit older than yours and the pullet still has virtually 0 comb, just a flat spot and it's dark brown like her beak. As I said before, if they are purebred Wyndottes then it is unlikely that they are pullets.

I've had more than a few of these over the years, both silver and gold laced.  I have never seen a 6 week old chick with a comb that big and red at 6 weeks.  I have a  pair right now that are a bit older than yours and the pullet still has virtually 0 comb, just a flat spot and it's dark brown like her beak.  As I said before, if they are purebred Wyndottes then it is unlikely that they are pullets.

They're from the feed store, so likely not bred to perfection I'm sure! Guess I'll know sooner than later. :) thanks for the input!

Venelopie at 6.5 weeks old
2764.png
1f413.png

Venelopie on the left
Goosie on the right

The picture makes dottie's comb look so much more red, it's a darker pinky peach

10 weeks old and confident they're all pullets! Lacing nicely on their chests, no crowing, nothing bright red! Feeling hopeful!!!

Back
Top Bottom