Silver laced wyandottes - Roos or hens??

I thought I'd chime in. I purchased 2 silver laced wyandottes in mid April. Mine are almost 5 weeks now. They were both supposed to be girls, but I'm fairly certain that I got a cockerel and a pullet. The pullet feathered in pretty quickly and her comb is still greyish. The suspected cockerel barely has feathers on the upper part of his wings and still looks rather scraggly. He also has a lot larger comb than the other. It's pink and seems to be growing every day. His wattles aren't big yet, but they are getting pink and I expect them to start growing soon. Here is a photo of my pair. Luckily for the little boy we can have roosters where we live. And I really like the crowing in the mornings. Hopefully he is nice to my ladies!

Here are the girls last week! They are very obvious pullets, 13 weeks old tomorrow! No doubt in my mind when comparing to cockerels, they also are not crowing, another lovely sign! I'll have to take new pictures to show you their lacing that is coming in!! They are gorgeous!!!

Here are the girls last week! They are very obvious pullets, 13 weeks old tomorrow! No doubt in my mind when comparing to cockerels, they also are not crowing, another lovely sign! I'll have to take new pictures to show you their lacing that is coming in!! They are gorgeous!!!

Yet another update!!!! They're all laying! We have healthy 20 week old pullets!!! Yay!!

Hi all.. My little Laced Wyandottes are 7 weeks old.. I now know how to check what sex they are at 1 day old, but for these ones I was too late to work that out. What do you guys think they are? Just name them as #1, 2, 3, 4 & 5.. greatly appreciate your help x

Back
Top Bottom