Silver Penciled Wyandotte Bantams

Bob H

Hatching
10 Years
Aug 30, 2009
Oklahoma
Does any know of a breeder? I would really like to start raising and hopefully showing this varity of Wyandotte Bantams, but I'm not having any luck in finding any.

I'm not having a problem finding the Silver Laced. Seems like no one is raising Silver Penciled. Another varity I'd like to raise is Clumbian?

You will probably have to go to some shows and look for a breeder of Silver penciled bantams. McMurry does have Silver Penciled Wyandotte Standards and Silver Penciled Rock Bantams--- gee, it's like looking for a car, you can't find exactly what you want! I want to get some Silver Penciled Wyandotte Standards sometime because they were developed right here in Ithaca, NY!

You are on the path to a long project if you want to end up with Silver Pencilled Wyandottes of any quality. Silver Pencilled Wyandottes in both large fowl & bantam are hard to find at all & nearly impossible to find with anything approaching good type. It's a beautiful colour pattern & I wish you luck with finding some to start with.

Duane Urch in Owatonna MN has beautiful Silver Penciled (not laced) Wyandottes. I just got a batch a month ago myself. He has both standard and bantam varieties and ships anywhere in the US. The phone number is 507-451-6782.

Duane Urch in Owatonna MN has beautiful Silver Penciled (not laced) Wyandottes. I just got a batch a month ago myself. He has both standard and bantam varieties and ships anywhere in the US. The phone number is 507-451-6782.
Duane only has the LF, he doesnt raise the bantams or he didnt last year anyways. If he has them now, then he just bought them this year. We had some of his LF last year. Raised them to adults and then sold them. They werent bad but they werent good either....so we decided to pass them on to someone else who was working with several bloodlines and could use them.
I have raised the Bantams for 18 years and continue to do so. We hatched out over 200 last year and just about over a 100 this year. They are improving greatly but still a very long way to go.

Back
Top Bottom