Silverrudds Blue Rooster + Whiting Creole hens

CaliTexan

Songster
Apr 14, 2020
I heard about the legbar mixed with the SRB. (Called ice cream bars) but I'm going to try breeding Whiting Creole hens to my SRB rooster. Because Whiting Creole is a high production blue egg layer. Has anyone tried this? I ordered some Whiting Creole laying hens from whiting farms hatchery. And I have a blue SRB rooster. Since they look similar to legbar would they be sexed at hatch? Anyone have knowledge of this possible cross and what eggs I should expect? The first picture is my SRB rooster. The attached picture is the Whiting Creole and the eggs it might lay. A range from blue to dark teal.
1000012025.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1705431016187.jpg
    FB_IMG_1705431016187.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 60
The combs would be different. They bred the pea comb into the creole. I’m not sure about sexing at hatch. The creole has higher production than the SRB so that would go down.

They are a breed from Whiting's farm hatchery in Colorado. Here's their blurb about them.
For those who wished for both high yield CLs and autosexing WTBs. 🙋‍♀️Dr. Whiting is the man with the plan. Even though I love the WTB smooth head streamlined look, with the fantastic feathers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom