Simulated Natural Nest Incubation~Experiment #1 So it begins....

Beekissed giving up is not a common occurrence.
wink.png

I have two nest going right now...started the new one on Friday, I think. The old nest I've just about given up on. I think we've established that the temps were not where they were supposed to be for too long.

I'll be doing a last candling this week and comparing what I see with what I should see and then cracking some eggs to see what I can see.

Well, Bee, I wouldn't give up on the first nest quite yet. Consider the many women who have successfully hatched in their bra. The temperatures there are definitely not high enough, yet many chicks still make it. Besides, shouldn't your sign of hope count as something?

Don't disappoint the little guy!

Last edited:
I have two nest going right now...started the new one on Friday, I think.  The old nest I've just about given up on.  I think we've established that the temps were not where they were supposed to be for too long. 

I'll be doing a last candling this week and comparing what I see with what I should see and then cracking some eggs to see what I can see. 

Glad to hear you're still at it ! I can't wait to see what develops from your project :D

Last edited:
Did my last candling of the first nest last night and could see no changes whatsoever, three days after having the correct inner egg temps in the nest. I cracked them all this morning and there was absolutely nothing in there but hot, runny yolks. I'm not experienced enough in incubation to know if that merely means the eggs are not fertilized or if they were killed during the incubation process. I have a hard time believing that not one of the 18 eggs sampled were fertilized....I see this guy breeding and I see the bull's eye in the yolks in the skillet in the mornings, so I'm thinking at least some of them should have been fertile.

That leaves the option that they were killed in the incubation process, which is highly likely in light of my inexperience.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom