Simulated Natural Nest Incubation~Experiment #1 So it begins....

She's a little BA mix so she or he? (say it isn't so!) will be a feisty chick and is probably the first one out for that very reason. BAs are real hoots!
gig.gif

BA = blk Australorp or blue Andalusion? (I like my Australorp a lot.)

I know! This is my first time seeing this process in real life because they are always under a fussy broody and I walk out and find them already hatched. I'll do more video of the process once it advances along a little. Right now she sticks that beak out and hollers when I puck at her and the other chicks will chime in but the zipping has not completed all the way around the egg yet nor have the others even pipped.

These chicks are the perfect example of what not to breed but it was the only male I had available, so we've now got "designer chicks"~read mutt~ that will have some funky color patterns and possibly leg feathering. This chick~BA= Black Australorp/Silver Laced Cochin(standard) will be some kind of mixed up chicken, as will the others. Not sure about these eggs but could be looking at White Rock or Delaware moms crossed with this Cochin....should be interesting.

I know! This is my first time seeing this process in real life because they are always under a fussy broody and I walk out and find them already hatched. I'll do more video of the process once it advances along a little. Right now she sticks that beak out and hollers when I puck at her and the other chicks will chime in but the zipping has not completed all the way around the egg yet nor have the others even pipped.

These chicks are the perfect example of what not to breed but it was the only male I had available, so we've now got "designer chicks"~read mutt~ that will have some funky color patterns and possibly leg feathering. This chick~BA= Black Australorp/Silver Laced Cochin(standard) will be some kind of mixed up chicken, as will the others. Not sure about these eggs but could be looking at White Rock or Delaware moms crossed with this Cochin....should be interesting.

I love funky mixes
lol.png

Hey, that's how they come up with new breeds!

Some may not be so great and some might be. Not so great would be like... a Cornish silkie... Naked neck Polish... I think a BA cochin could make for a nice bird. Sassy broody that lays a lot. Might be a jackpot chicken!
wink.png

Quote:

....or a "special needs" bird.
roll.png
I'd buy a ticket to see the Cornish Silkies.
lau.gif
Aoxa could have had a few if she would have left things alone.

So this little Cochalorp and her Cocharock and Delachin nest mates will be a hot ticket to someone....somewhere....out there.

....or a "special needs" bird.
roll.png
I'd buy a ticket to see the Cornish Silkies.
lau.gif
Aoxa could have had a few if she would have left things alone.

So this little Cochalorp and her Cocharock and Delachin nest mates will be a hot ticket to someone....somewhere....out there.

I love those names.. except for Cocharock, too close to cockroach..

I need to buy me a piece of land outside of town, just so I can put a big barn on it and stuff it with chickens
lol.png
Darn this whole "Can't have a rooster" business.

Back
Top Bottom