Simulated Natural Nest Incubation~Experiment #1 So it begins....

0.jpg
Truly one of the most rewarding sights ever. You are the first. Love it.
wee.gif

Wow, haven't followed this thread in a few days....so exciting! The miracle of "hatching". I love to watch and it never gets old. Keep the pics and videos coming Beekissed and thanks!

Ladies and gentlemen ..... we have a pip. :cool: Egg # 6 has decided to be first out this morning and is cheeping(heh heh...get it? chipping/cheeping...oh, never mind...it was funny in my own mind :D ) her way through the shell. :weee
YAAAA HOOOO !!!! Congrats Bee !!!!
Teasing the chick....
Such an amazing site to see and the "pucking" just never gets old :gig :lau

Okay, folks...another learning moment for me. I've only ever seen chicks hatched by a broody or that came in the mail or from a TSC, so bear with me....I've only ever seen them after they have been hatched for some time, are dry and fully functioning, ready for action. This chick is dry but seems very tired and does not stand up yet...normal? Cheeps, open the eyes a little but seems sleepy and hasn't tried to stand flat on its feet yet or push up with its legs. Legs are not splayed but remain curled up under him with toes curled, which leaves this chick flat on his chest and face. Nudging him results in some flapping, cheeping and flopping around but no standing...normal?

Back
Top Bottom