Simulated Natural Nest Incubation~Experiment #1 So it begins....

This is an ongoing debate between my hubs and myself. He doesn't think God gets involved in the little things. I think the little things are where He is most evident! :) Love your thread Bee, been lurking here for a long time.

I know a lot of folks probably think that, but I think that puts God's powers of omnipotence, omnipresence and omniscience down to our level, doesn't it? Because we can't focus on all things at all times we feel that God cannot, but His word says He has the hairs of our heads numbered and knows when a sparrow falls. That's pretty small and numerous things for God to monitor at all times....my hair sheds a lot!
gig.gif

Quote:
Quote:
I figure if God cares about the sparrows so carefully, He cares about my chicks too...and all things on Earth. And so I thank Him for all things.

This is an ongoing debate between my hubs and myself. He doesn't think God gets involved in the little things. I think the little things are where He is most evident! :) Love your thread Bee, been lurking here for a long time.
God is the best micromanager I know!!
big_smile.png

God does not force anyone to realize he is in their life situations. Only people who allow God to be a part of their life feel his presence in all of their daily activities.
No, He does not.....each person must choose to come to Him. But he cares about the smallest details of all our lives.

Day 16 is almost over and time is creeping up on me. I'll have to refashion my chick brooder and make another nipple waterer tomorrow, as well as another feed trough soon...these meaties are really too big for their chick feeder and there isn't enough room at the big feeder for all birds. I'm going to build a bigger feeder for the whole flock and maybe move it outside, which will free up my coop space...if I can just keep Jake from licking up the leftovers that are meant for later day snacks.
roll.png

Can't wait to expand this coop!!!
barnie.gif

Day 16 is almost over and time is creeping up on me. I'll have to refashion my chick brooder and make another nipple waterer tomorrow, as well as another feed trough soon...these meaties are really too big for their chick feeder and there isn't enough room at the big feeder for all birds. I'm going to build a bigger feeder for the whole flock and maybe move it outside, which will free up my coop space...if I can just keep Jake from licking up the leftovers that are meant for later day snacks.
roll.png

Can't wait to expand this coop!!!
barnie.gif
Boy, it's going by fast--at least for me, probably not to you. I'm also on Day 16 with eggs, but alas, just using an incubator!

Boy, it's going by fast--at least for me, probably not to you. I'm also on Day 16 with eggs, but alas, just using an incubator!
Tomorrow at 10 am will be the end of my 21st day...I had one chick pip on the wrong end of the egg and die this morning, and another who hatched today that is all by her lonesome in the brooder....and she isn't happy about it. No external pips in the rest but a lot of rocking and rolling of eggs. Hopefully more action in the next 24 hours

Did I read somewhere that if your incubation temp is a little on the low side that it will prolong incubation time or a little higher temp will shorten it? Or did I just dream that I read that???
hu.gif

Tomorrow at 10 am will be the end of my 21st day...I had one chick pip on the wrong end of the egg and die this morning, and another who hatched today that is all by her lonesome in the brooder....and she isn't happy about it. No external pips in the rest but a lot of rocking and rolling of eggs. Hopefully more action in the next 24 hours

Did I read somewhere that if your incubation temp is a little on the low side that it will prolong incubation time or a little higher temp will shorten it? Or did I just dream that I read that???
hu.gif

I didn't hear that but I did see some vids where the broody pulled pipped and zipped eggs out from under her and let them do the do outside in the cooler temps.

After the chick dried off a bit she shoved it right back under her. Guess that cool air shocks them into moving more? Not sure.

Back
Top Bottom