Simulated Natural Nest Incubation~Experiment #1 So it begins....

Will you guys hold my hand and help me breathe when the pains get closer together?
big_smile.png
That's sort of what it feels like.....dreading but hoping, praying they will all hatch normally and be healthy, scared I'll have to help or make a decision to not help, afraid I'll do something wrong again andharm a chick, etc. In the back of my mind I keep thinking, "WHY did you even start this thing????" and it's much like a woman in labor....funny, isn't it?
gig.gif

Oh, the drama of it all......
Let's us know when it's time. Will hold your hand anytime, dear.
hugs.gif

Will you guys hold my hand and help me breathe when the pains get closer together?
big_smile.png
That's sort of what it feels like.....dreading but hoping, praying they will all hatch normally and be healthy, scared I'll have to help or make a decision to not help, afraid I'll do something wrong again andharm a chick, etc. In the back of my mind I keep thinking, "WHY did you even start this thing????" and it's much like a woman in labor....funny, isn't it?
gig.gif

We are with you all the way!

big_smile.png
gig.gif

We are all here for YOU! And we APPRECIATE YOU FOR "STARTING THIS THING"!!!! KEEP YOU HEAD HELD HIGH!!!!
clap.gif

big_smile.png
gig.gif

Bee, you have done such an amazing job! Your eggs are all on track and are where they are supposed to be.

It's hard not to help, one of the hardest things you may do (or not) but remember, if your eggs haven't undergone significant stress to begin with and they can't make it out on their own, in the end you'll likely be sorry you did help. Keep your vision for a strong healthy flock in the front of your mind. There have been times when I could probably have saved a chick without doing much at all. Times when I put the air cell up so the chick could get the best chance at air and they have unknown to me, pipped on the other side. I could hear them but couldn't see them. I don't think it would have qualified as "helping" if I had turned the egg over (I just didn't realize what was happening) and today, if I hear one peeping and can't see it, I guarantee you, I'd check the other side of that egg and turn it over if needed... but that is all.

So be strong.
hugs.gif

Will you guys hold my hand and help me breathe when the pains get closer together?  :D    That's sort of what it feels like.....dreading but hoping, praying they will all hatch normally and be healthy, scared I'll have to help or make a decision to not help, afraid I'll do something wrong again andharm a chick, etc.  In the back of my mind I keep thinking, "WHY did you even start this thing????" and it's much like a woman in labor....funny, isn't it?  :gig

We are all here for you.

Bee, you have done such an amazing job!  Your eggs are all on track and are where they are supposed to be.

It's hard not to help, one of the hardest things you may do (or not) but remember, if your eggs haven't undergone significant stress to begin with and they can't make it out on their own, in the end you'll likely be sorry you did help.  Keep your vision for a strong healthy flock in the front of your mind.  There have been times when I could probably have saved a chick without doing much at all.  Times when I put the air cell up so the chick could get the best chance at air and they have unknown to me, pipped on the other side.  I could hear them but couldn't see them.  I don't think it would have qualified as "helping" if I had turned the egg over (I just didn't realize what was happening) and today, if I hear one peeping and can't see it, I guarantee you, I'd check the other side of that egg and turn it over if needed... but that is all.

So be strong.  :hugs

I agree unless you decide to move to ducks and geese

Hey Bee! The old-timers used to put a knife under the mattress to 'cut the pain'. Maybe you should do that! (Don't you backhand me-please)

Lisa :)

Lisa...this is WV. We all sleep with a knife under our mattress anyway!
cool.png

(For the record, it does nothing for pain....dang it.)

lau.gif

Bee, you have done such an amazing job! Your eggs are all on track and are where they are supposed to be.

It's hard not to help, one of the hardest things you may do (or not) but remember, if your eggs haven't undergone significant stress to begin with and they can't make it out on their own, in the end you'll likely be sorry you did help. Keep your vision for a strong healthy flock in the front of your mind. There have been times when I could probably have saved a chick without doing much at all. Times when I put the air cell up so the chick could get the best chance at air and they have unknown to me, pipped on the other side. I could hear them but couldn't see them. I don't think it would have qualified as "helping" if I had turned the egg over (I just didn't realize what was happening) and today, if I hear one peeping and can't see it, I guarantee you, I'd check the other side of that egg and turn it over if needed... but that is all.

So be strong.
hugs.gif

I will most certainly try! You know me...get tough or die. This will be the true test of that resolve...wanting a good hatch rate and wanting this method to succeed can really cloud a person's judgement or their resolve to stand by a certain philosophy.

I'll keep everyone posted about air cell development as the time nears and I'm sure you are all very accurate on that issue...seems like we had this conversation the last nest, didn't we?
big_smile.png
My mind gets a little foggy and my memory gets clouded lately.

Man, do I have the best cheering section in the world! Thank you all!
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom