Simulated Natural Nest Incubation~Experiment #1 So it begins....

Oh, BTW.....another chick out of a WR egg. It's another blondie and it's so loud and vigorous it's all over that nest...it pipped and zipped so quickly that it practically burst out of the shell. One egg left, a BA chick and I can already see that it's another Hootie, of course.

wee.gif

Quote: Didn't miss the other points... it still ain't natural.....it's unique compared to other incubators, manufactured or homemade, and thus special...but still artificial.

But the word natural has been misused many a time...... it's almost natural now a days to misuse it LOL!!

I won't debate it further ;-) Just giving my opinion.

Well, if we are going to get pedantic over it, there is nothing natural about humans incubating chicken eggs in the first place.
roll.png
No one claims it's as natural as a broody as nothing out there is, but when compared to other methods of incubating in a home setting, it's more natural than all the rest...even the bra bator.
gig.gif

Well, if we are going to get pedantic over it, there is nothing natural about humans incubating chicken eggs in the first place.  :rolleyes:   No one claims it's as natural as a broody as nothing out there is, but when compared to other methods of incubating in a home setting, it's more natural than all the rest...even the bra bator.  :gig

Ment to say thanks for the advice on agressive roosters, they dont go anywere near anyone now as i have everyone walk into the coop like they own the place and shove ( gently of course :) ) the roosters aside if they get in the way. They havent tried to attack anyone for a week. :D

Well, if we are going to get pedantic over it, there is nothing natural about humans incubating chicken eggs in the first place.
roll.png
No one claims it's as natural as a broody as nothing out there is, but when compared to other methods of incubating in a home setting, it's more natural than all the rest...even the bra bator.
gig.gif
My point exactly.
I like to call things what they really are....unless it's an obvious and wry humoroustic play on words, which I love.

I think you are the only one that caught that......  :lol:

Nope I saw it too. But just found the thread and haven't left my computer since. Am only on page 19.
Reading... not going to skip to end on this one. Just posted so I will know where to go back to. LOL

Ment to say thanks for the advice on agressive roosters, they dont go anywere near anyone now as i have everyone walk into the coop like they own the place and shove ( gently of course
smile.png
) the roosters aside if they get in the way. They havent tried to attack anyone for a week.
big_smile.png

That's so nice!! Thanks for the feedback! You'll have to keep us apprised of the situation as it goes along and if the methods work for you long term and how often you have to reinforce the good behaviors. That will help others understand that it can be done, by more than just folks like me.

My point exactly.
I like to call things what they really are....unless it's an obvious and wry humoroustic play on words, which I love.

I'd LOVE to call things by what they really are but if I did I would probably get banned from the site....
lol.png
But since this "natural" aspect of the incubation method is what sets it apart from the other, more accepted methods, splitting hairs and trying to define it exactly is just making things complicated....and I hate when folks complicate things. Hence the reason I did the experiment in the first place.....

Fine, we'll go with "more natural".

No we won't. Not just because it offends someone's type A tendencies to call it natural.....I did the experiment and I'll call it what a dang well please to call it.
big_smile.png
And that's the benefit of being a pioneer and thinking and operating outside the little box folks try to put you in...ya getta name the stuff you do.
wink.png
You can't make folks call it that, but you can at least coin the phrase in the first place.

Oh, BTW.....another chick out of a WR egg. It's another blondie and it's so loud and vigorous it's all over that nest...it pipped and zipped so quickly that it practically burst out of the shell. One egg left, a BA chick and I can already see that it's another Hootie, of course.
wee.gif
Still waiting on pictures
caf.gif

Fine, we'll go with "more natural".
LOL!

Last edited:
I'd LOVE to call things by what they really are but if I did I would probably get banned from the site....
lol.png

ya getta name the stuff you do.
wink.png
You can't make folks call it that, but you can at least coin the phrase in the first place.
Dang girl, you make me laugh (in a good way)! Your strong Spirit draws people to you.

Back
Top Bottom