Simulated Natural Nest Incubation~Experiment #1 So it begins....

Dang girl, you make me laugh (in a good way)! Your strong Spirit draws people to you.

In the mountains they call that pert....or feisty.
gig.gif
I'm sure for every person it draws in, it pushes two more away.

I grew up in a large family as the youngest child and my dad was very strict, very controlling. Very type A. I grew up being bossed around all my life and when I got out on my own I developed an aversion to being controlled simply because folks feel the need to control someone or something. Those folks who like to control others? They don't like me much.
wink.png

Was just my opinion.

I hear what you are saying. A broody is 100% natural, anything else is technically artificial. However, if you compare Bee's method to other methods and hers is natural.

Something, I have always wanted to try, is with pure sun heat, but I live in TX. I have heard of eggs that were "forgotten", have hatched due to our temps.

I hear what you are saying. A broody is 100% natural, anything else is technically artificial. However, if you compare Bee's method to other methods and hers is natural.

Something, I have always wanted to try, is with pure sun heat, but I live in TX. I have heard of eggs that were "forgotten", have hatched due to our temps.

On this thread somewhere someone had told about a method they use in India, I think, or China...don't remember...where they heat up bags of rice and heat the eggs in the sun, then stack the eggs between bags of hot rice until they have a huge stack. Then later in the day they switch them out to more hot bags of rice and they do that every day until they hatch out these eggs and they say they have an excellent hatch rate.

I wonder how one would control the temps in that sort of situation and in one where they just used the sun period?

Quote:
Wow, that sounds fascinating. I need to do some research. I was thinking of keeping them in my greenhouse, then putting bricks in the sun to warm up. Before it starts to cool off, put the bricks around the eggs. However, rice bags sound a LOT softer, LOL!!! I mean in the summer here, the lows are in the upper 80's!

Last edited:
On this thread somewhere someone had told about a method they use in India, I think, or China...don't remember...where they heat up bags of rice and heat the eggs in the sun, then stack the eggs between bags of hot rice until they have a huge stack. Then later in the day they switch them out to more hot bags of rice and they do that every day until they hatch out these eggs and they say they have an excellent hatch rate.

I wonder how one would control the temps in that sort of situation and in one where they just used the sun period?

In Stromberg's Guide to Better Hatching, there's a description of a method where they use the heat of the eggs themselves to hatch the entire batch. It involved having a fairly large group of eggs. I can't put my hand to the book right at the moment? Maybe someone else can? But apparently, once they get going the eggs themselves have a certain amount of body heat. Makes sense, really.

Back
Top Bottom