Simulated Natural Nest Incubation~Experiment #1 So it begins....

Sorry to hear about the baby chicks so two left correct? Got more eggs today keeping them on the tile floor to keep cool in this heat. Son said put in fridge, I asked him where do I put 4 dozen? No cartons. No room.

Celebrating the Resurrection with everyone!!
wee.gif

So happy, Bee, that this experiment was successful. And, sorrowful that the last one didn't make it.
hmm.png

I'd like to suggest a name for your method..... in memory of your first chick. The Hootie Hatcher. Maybe a new hybrid line is in the name (Hootie), too, since you want to develop a line.
yippiechickie.gif
big_smile.png

He is risen indeed! What a glorious day it has been here in Maine. Kids are on school break next week, and I have way too much to get accomplished. The pressure is on to finish a new chicken tractor, get the electric fencing up, so I can start gardening, start more flower and tomato seeds, set up the mini green house... and the list goes on and on and on!

Praying for you Tomtommom! Perhaps you'll do it the way my dtr did with her #2. I took her to Portland to be induced... high risk pregnancy, and the baby had stopped growing. They hooked her up to a monitor... and found that she was in early labor, so they just monitored, broke the water... and she had an epidural, delivered without any need for Pitocin.

Sorry to hear about the baby chicks so two left correct? Got more eggs today keeping them on the tile floor to keep cool in this heat. Son said put in fridge, I asked him where do I put 4 dozen? No cartons. No room.

No, seven left! Don'tgiva Hootie died last night as I knew he would, but the other 7 chicks are hale and hardy!

Celebrating the Resurrection with everyone!!
wee.gif

So happy, Bee, that this experiment was successful. And, sorrowful that the last one didn't make it.
hmm.png

I'd like to suggest a name for your method..... in memory of your first chick. The Hootie Hatcher. Maybe a new hybrid line is in the name (Hootie), too, since you want to develop a line.
yippiechickie.gif
big_smile.png

lol.png
I was thinking the exact same thing today!!!! Great minds and all...it's catchy and short and commemorates the first chick hatched in this manner. I'll put it on the list of names we will vote on...but I think everyone will love the Hootie Hatcher.

He is risen indeed! What a glorious day it has been here in Maine. Kids are on school break next week, and I have way too much to get accomplished. The pressure is on to finish a new chicken tractor, get the electric fencing up, so I can start gardening, start more flower and tomato seeds, set up the mini green house... and the list goes on and on and on!

Praying for you Tomtommom! Perhaps you'll do it the way my dtr did with her #2. I took her to Portland to be induced... high risk pregnancy, and the baby had stopped growing. They
hooked her up to a monitor... and found that she was in early labor, so they just monitored, broke the water... and she had an epidural, delivered without any need for Pitocin.

X 2...I hope she goes in and is already in labor also...that would be so much easier for her and the baby.

I'm thick into garden prep right now too and I'm WAY behind...bringing out my work crew tomorrow to help me get caught up. My boys hate gardening work but this week I can ask a favor and they have to give it to me...it's a special week.

All the effort put into trying to get things going were entirely in vain... 2cm
lau.gif

Last night I ate a WHOLE pineapple, even went and bought evening primrose oil, had spicy mexican food, had uncomfortable er... you know...

Anyway, I'm all settled in, my first nurse messed my arm up (it happens though... but still.. ow). Had me bleeding all over, to the point I about passed out.. I don't get faint often, but it does happen occasionally. Doc checked things, I had like 1-2 contractions in an entire hour, and they were faint at that. I talked to her about the low fluid thing and she said she didn't think it was all that bad (grmbgrmblgrml).

But, on a happier note, shiftchange! I have a new super awesome nurse, she reminds me of you in a way, Bee. Good christian woman, very kind, she seems very likeminded. I'm praying she's with me when things get going. We even talked chickens! She came in and was all "you're not even medicated yet, why are you even on this IV and monitor?" and promptly took both off
lol.png
I am free to move around, can't eat anything sadly... but I had some awful hospital food earlier.

Currently getting penicilin, I didn't even know I tested positive for strep B, but hey, now I know. They're applying some medicin at midnight, to ripen things... maybe I wont need Pitocin, since I do have some contractions. Who knows?

I talked to my nurse for like 20 mins (benefit of Easter Sunday induction?) and told her how mad I was about the induction at first. She even said, "well, you can still leave, if you want to" but you know... I'm staying, everything happens for a reason, and maybe I was meant to have this awesome nurse by my side!

lau.gif

Last night I ate a WHOLE pineapple, even went and bought evening primrose oil, had spicy mexican food, had uncomfortable er... you know...

Anyway, I'm all settled in, my first nurse messed my arm up (it happens though... but still.. ow). Had me bleeding all over, to the point I about passed out.. I don't get faint often, but it does happen occasionally. Doc checked things, I had like 1-2 contractions in an entire hour, and they were faint at that. I talked to her about the low fluid thing and she said she didn't think it was all that bad (grmbgrmblgrml). Gee....imagine that...
roll.png
If it seems I'm paranoid, it's often because I've found there is good reason to be so.

But, on a happier note, shiftchange! I have a new super awesome nurse, she reminds me of you in a way, Bee. Good christian woman, very kind, she seems very likeminded. I'm praying she's with me when things get going. We even talked chickens! She came in and was all "you're not even medicated yet, why are you even on this IV and monitor?" and promptly took both off
lol.png
I am free to move around, can't eat anything sadly... but I had some awful hospital food earlier.

Currently getting penicilin, I didn't even know I tested positive for strep B, but hey, now I know. They're applying some medicin at midnight, to ripen things... maybe I wont need Pitocin, since I do have some contractions. Who knows?

I talked to my nurse for like 20 mins (benefit of Easter Sunday induction?) and told her how mad I was about the induction at first. She even said, "well, you can still leave, if you want to" but you know... I'm staying, everything happens for a reason, and maybe I was meant to have this awesome nurse by my side!

She does sound like me!
gig.gif
That's exactly what I would say and do...simplify, simplify, simplify. I agree...everything happens for a reason and it could very well be for the reason you are thinking. God brings you together with His own for edification, comfort and support....and she sounds like she has a gift of wisdom.

Will be praying and thinking about you tonight and I just know everything will go well...God is in control and has you in His hands.
hugs.gif

lau.gif

Anyway, I'm all settled in, my first nurse messed my arm up (it happens though... but still.. ow). Had me bleeding all over, to the point I about passed out.. I don't get faint often, but it does happen occasionally. Doc checked things, I had like 1-2 contractions in an entire hour, and they were faint at that. I talked to her about the low fluid thing and she said she didn't think it was all that bad (grmbgrmblgrml).

lol.png

I am praying for you and your daughter.
fl.gif
I feel better now that Bee II is by your side!

Lisa :)

Come on Baby!!! Take care and try and get some rest!! look forward to being able to cyber meet your little one!!!

On a funny note and to lighten the mood... My DIL is 8 months along...doing nicely.. Her 3 year old son always wants to know exactly where the baby is in her tummy... thinks the baby is in her boobs too... funny to watch him... long story short, she is sick today so I sat on the same bench as my son to help him with the little munchkins.. Elijah came over with his blanket and wanted me to hold him, of course Nanny obliged!! He layed there for a bit while I rocked him and pretty soon he starts touching my tummy.. I think nothing of it as I am full into singing the Lords praise.. Pretty soon he whispers (rather loudly) "There is a lot of babies in your tummy Nanny"!!!!

Needless to say I am sure the Lord understood the chuckles
lau.gif

Last edited:
Bee II applied the ripening medicine earlier than planned, woohoo. Contractions were already picking up some. She thinks the doc stripped my membranes earlier (heck if I know, I am so clueless).

She was actually going to get me a sandwich and some juice, but after realizing the contractions were getting stronger, she decided against it. Drat! *laugh*

Gotta wait an hour (almost there!) and I will be able to get up for a minute. Stretch my legs, pee.... and then try and sleep a bit I think.

Back
Top Bottom