Simulated Natural Nest Incubation~Experiment #1 So it begins....

you asked for quick and humane, not clean and sanitary!
gig.gif

You could carbon dioxide it. Put the egg in a large bowl next to a smaller container of baking soda and vinegar. The CO2 is dense and will fill up the bottom of the bowl. Oxygen deprivation will kill the chick. Not too bad of a way to go, I guess. Better than the microwave. *shudder*

you asked for quick and humane, not clean and sanitary!
gig.gif

lol.png

The ice water would probably be the quickest way, particularly if you tore the top off that egg.

Or maybe boiling water instead.

OUCH!!! Death by scalding!
barnie.gif

You could carbon dioxide it. Put the egg in a large bowl next to a smaller container of baking soda and vinegar. The CO2 is dense and will fill up the bottom of the bowl. Oxygen deprivation will kill the chick. Not too bad of a way to go, I guess. Better than the microwave. *shudder*

Have you ever tried this? That sounds a little better than actual drowning, though it's suffocation all the same...but that kind of death is more of slipping into a coma and THEN suffocating. Not too bad and I love using vinegar for things......hmmmmmm..........
caf.gif
(Bee studies the options while sipping a cup of scalded chick...Lacy's recipe.... )

Last edited:
lol.png

OUCH!!! Death by scalding!
barnie.gif

Have you ever tried this? That sounds a little better than actual drowning, though it's suffocation all the same...but that kind of death is more of slipping into a coma and THEN suffocating. Not too bad and I love using vinegar for things......hmmmmmm..........
caf.gif
(Bee studies the options while sipping a cup of scalded chick...Lacy's recipe.... )

Man! Are you ever picky! I doubt it would feel the boiling water, it would just be too hot and the chick would die...

by the way, death by drowning is a semi-peaceful way to go, and painless too.

Man!  Are you ever picky!  I doubt it would feel the boiling water, it would just be too hot and the chick would die...

drowning is not painless. It's rather quick (unconscious within minutes) but drowning itself is very painful, hence the bodies reaction being rendered unconcious.

... or...

think Jewish wedding. Wrap it carefully in a napkin, place gently onto the floor then stomp on it and shout Mazeltov!

th.gif
(Bee gathers her chicks close and whispers, "It's alright...shhhhhhh...it's alright....don't listen to her!")

Man! Are you ever picky! I doubt it would feel the boiling water, it would just be too hot and the chick would die...

I've seen death by drowning and it ain't peaceful...not even a little bit. I think I drowned those chicks in Nest 3 when I added all that humidity...wish I hadn't done that but it probably doesn't take much to drown a chick, huh?

Back
Top Bottom