Simulated Natural Nest Incubation~Experiment #1 So it begins....

Someone very very dear to my heart has a birthday today! Will the birthday girl step forward please? Happy Birthday Bee.......I love you very much!:love :hugs

Last edited:
Someone very very dear to my heart has a birthday today! Will the birthday girl step forward please? Happy Birthday Bee.......I love you very much!

Thanks Loveigee. Bee, you are very beloved.
ya.gif
HAPPY BIRTHDAY.!!!!!!

First of all, y'all are crazy.. and I love you
lau.gif

This momma has been in for a RIDE. Oh.. my.. goodness.

They applied ripening medicine all through the night.. starting some mild contractions (mild, well... they hurt a little.. but nothing to what was to come). Pitocin at 5:30 am... and dear miss Amelia was still waaay up there. That girl was not dropping a bit!

Water didn't get broke until well after noon on Monday (contractions had gotten a bit more painful, but still bareble enough for me)

Well, then the real fun started. Oh... Ow... as I told my sweet husband, the best way to describe it was if you have to go to bathroom and you have one of those bowel movements that bring tears to our eyes.. Well, that, times ten, every contraction. Oh sweet Lord!

I was crying for mercy by 3, taking some Demerol.. nurse said "Oh, she'll be out by dinner time"

No ma'am... this baby was NOT dropping. By dinner time I was pushing, already exhausted from the hours of contractions and lack of food (last thing I ate was terrible hospital food around 5pm the day before.. and not much at it.) I was begging for relief.. I was SO drained, I felt I couldn't do it. I had to push this little girl THE whole way. I tried jumping off the bed at one point
lol.png
I was hurting so bad, I just wanted to get away. I was pleading with the Dr for them to tell me my options.. He's like "there are none, you are going to get this baby out, you can do this!" I was screaming, begging, pleading toward the end. I would have taken a C section at that point, no lie. I had all the nurses and the Dr and my hubby telling me to push. Hold it, and push! It just felt I wasn't getting anywhere.

Well, 7:55 pm I finally managed to get her out by the grace of God. No tearing, thanks to an awesome Dr. I apologized to everyone for being stubborn and difficult and trying to get away, but I am very sure of myself and what I can do, and I was so faint... I had not an ounce of strength left in me.

th.gif

Never again....

But, SHE'S GORGEOUS! Looks nothing like me
lol.png

She has super long narrow fingers and feet... Much longer than my son's were. She's 8lb 10.6oz, 21inches

I feel pretty darn good, honestly. Cramping isn't bad, managing with occasional Motrin. They can keep the Lortabs. The beauty of not using a lot of medication is that it actually works when you need it. The Demerol knocked me out.... I was SO loopy
lol.png

I'm moving around, resting, taking care of the little one. I did decide to feed a bit of supplemental formula after each breast feeding, just so I'm not dealing with jaundice again. Why go through that hassle if you can prevent? She's not a great eater either way right now.. 1oz was the most she ate from the formula, 1/2 oz most feeds. She doesn't care for the pacifier.. not a huge fan of the nipple on the bottles.. I think we'll be fine in the "nipple confusion" department.

Back
Top Bottom