Simulated Natural Nest Incubation~Experiment #1 So it begins....

Thank you!
smile.png
It's nice to have forgiveness and love all in the same thread. I hope I can follow your good example as I navigate the forum as it's much needed.

Day 14 here on the nest and it's largely uneventful.....not candling the eggs obsessively this time so nothing really to report other than the temps are holding perfectly with the fencing spacer over the eggs, at 100 even. I'm letting them "air out" when I think of it every day or so. Can't wait to have this nest hatch and be done with hatching for the season....not that it's too big of a pain, but it's just that much more to think about and remember and my brain is getting tired nowadays.

Tomtommom, Amelia is gorgeous. What a journey for you too. Congrats!
love.gif

Can you believe she'll be 6 weeks old Monday?
th.gif

She's 'crawling' already (I put her in her crib one way, come back later and she's facing the foot end!) She rolled over on belly to back in a fit of rage.. She's pushing her legs when I hold her up with her feet on the ground. I am in SOOOO much trouble! Got a few grins out of her and she's staring at everything very intently. She was 10 lbs 4oz at her checkup last week.

Can you believe she'll be 6 weeks old Monday?
th.gif

She's 'crawling' already (I put her in her crib one way, come back later and she's facing the foot end!) She rolled over on belly to back in a fit of rage.. She's pushing her legs when I hold her up with her feet on the ground. I am in SOOOO much trouble! Got a few grins out of her and she's staring at everything very intently. She was 10 lbs 4oz at her checkup last week.

Better get her walker ready. She gonna need it soon.
lau.gif

Tomtom, I hope I have a baby as brilliant and healthy as Amelia. Seriously, congratulations. :) I wanted to say that I read somewhere about newborns and water... Basically, if you put newborn in water, they start trying to swim immediately and they know how to hold their breath. It's pretty interesting. I remember when I was baby, I was the youngest in the swim class and I was like a fish haha. But I was also advanced in motor skills like Amelia is. Get that girl a book and watch, she'll be reading to you before she's a year and a half. My partner and I are trying to have a baby now. :)

Bee, I might have missed it, but did you say if you'd be able to ship WR and BA hatching eggs my way? And how much they are a dozen? If you already answered and I missed it, then I apologize.

Tomtom, I hope I have a baby as brilliant and healthy as Amelia. Seriously, congratulations. :) I wanted to say that I read somewhere about newborns and water... Basically, if you put newborn in water, they start trying to swim immediately and they know how to hold their breath. It's pretty interesting. I remember when I was baby, I was the youngest in the swim class and I was like a fish haha. But I was also advanced in motor skills like Amelia is. Get that girl a book and watch, she'll be reading to you before she's a year and a half. My partner and I are trying to have a baby now. :)

Bee, I might have missed it, but did you say if you'd be able to ship WR and BA hatching eggs my way? And how much they are a dozen? If you already answered and I missed it, then I apologize.

It wouldn't be until spring, I'm thinking. I have one WR that is a steady layer and so I would have to store up that one egg for several days to get you an amount worth hatching. If I hatch any good chicks out of this nest, they should be laying good come spring and I can pick out the best eggs from the best hens at that time, so no old eggs sent through the mail. Those two BAs are just grade hens and nothing really special, but if you'd like a few of those with this White Lightning crossed over them, I'd send them along as well. Never know what will pop out of a cross like that!
big_smile.png

And they won't cost you a dime unless the shipping kills me and then you can reimburse on that if you like or if you can. If you can't, that's fine too. I'm not sure how much it costs to ship eggs....anyone?
What is the inside temperature supposed to be in the water wiggler. 103?

I try to keep mine between 99.5-100.5....I'm thinking 103 would be a little much as 104 is your upper limit for hatching and then you are in the danger zone.

Back
Top Bottom