Sinus infection in Peahen?

Chickenmom18

Chirping
Dec 26, 2018
545CD7E7-C4B8-4F8A-A398-4B3362428C86.jpeg

So she has what I’m suspecting is a sinus infection. Definite mouth breathing. I’m using a warm compress on her eye daily and flushing with saline. It was gunky in her nostrils but not now. Giving her 3/4 cc of Duramycin per the advice of another Pea owner. Anyone know if there’s anything else I can do or how long the swelling will last?

The best antibiotic we have found for sinus infections is Tylan 200. One ml SQ for three to five days will clear it up. You should also find the cause so it does not happen again or to another bird. The most likely causes include a dusty environment and poor ventilation.

The best antibiotic we have found for sinus infections is Tylan 200. One ml SQ for three to five days will clear it up. You should also find the cause so it does not happen again or to another bird. The most likely causes include a dusty environment and poor ventilation.
Where do I get this tylan? Yeah it’s been super dry here so it’s dusty outside but ventilation isn’t an issue in the barn

Tylan 200 can be bought at the farm stores. Be sure not to buy the '50' it is 1/4 the strength and takes four times as much liquid and that is a lot to inject in a bird. Sinus infections are always caused by something, I had a barn that was very dry and dusty from the birds flying up and down from the roosts. Now during the winter I have to keep a layer of hay on the floor to keep the dust down.

Tylan 200 can be bought at the farm stores. Be sure not to buy the '50' it is 1/4 the strength and takes four times as much liquid and that is a lot to inject in a bird. Sinus infections are always caused by something, I had a barn that was very dry and dusty from the birds flying up and down from the roosts. Now during the winter I have to keep a layer of hay on the floor to keep the dust down.
Oh I absolutely agree about the dust issue in the barn. I’m praying for some rain right now lol

Back
Top Bottom