Skinny chicken

saved88

Hatching
Jan 25, 2024
I have a chicken it's about 2 years old and she just molted but it's taking a lot longer for her to recover. I've got her isolated from the other chickens and she's lost a lot of weight. She's been eating good and started putting on nice looking feathers but her comb doesn't look that great. She's drinking water and eating and walking around but she's kind of weak. Been feeding her scrambled eggs ,fly larve and regular chicken food. Any suggestions on how I can get her to put weight back on?

Welcome to BYC. Why is she separated from the others? Was she being picked on? Chickens really need to be with their flock for company. You could give her 1-2 ml of Poultry NutriDrench or other vitamin electrolytes for a few days for a boost. Scrambled egg, tuna or ground meat as well as the wet and dry chicken feed all will help her gain in time, but don’t go overboard with the people foods. Chicken feed is s best, and you can increase her protein with all flock/flock raiser feed 20% protein. If you haven’t wormed recently, you could worm with Valbazen 1/2 ml orally, and then repeat that in 10 days. Probiotics a couple of days a week may help as well.

Welcome to BYC. Why is she separated from the others? Was she being picked on? Chickens really need to be with their flock for company. You could give her 1-2 ml of Poultry NutriDrench or other vitamin electrolytes for a few days for a boost. Scrambled egg, tuna or ground meat as well as the wet and dry chicken feed all will help her gain in time, but don’t go overboard with the people foods. Chicken feed is s best, and you can increase her protein with all flock/flock raiser feed 20% protein. If you haven’t wormed recently, you could worm with Valbazen 1/2 ml orally, and then repeat that in 10 days. Probiotics a couple of days a week may help as well.

I do have validation for my goats. I was wondering what you would suggest is the best mite treatment. I have diatomaceous earth. I don't even know if she has them or how to tell if she does.

I do have validation for my goats. I was wondering what you would suggest is the best mite treatment. I have diatomaceous earth. I don't even know if she has them or how to tell if she does.
I separated her from the other chickens because she was weak and her feathers were horrible but they are looking better now. I put her out the other day with all of them and they did start picking on her. I'll let her out the last couple days with one of the other chickens and they seem to do okay with each other.

Back
Top Bottom