slipped tendon, i think...help, advice please

he can not straighten his leg at all. its locked bent. so its not slipped tendon?

yup. i read it. but i have no real life experience so i am clueless. i can read things until i am blue in the face and not understand until i have hands on working knowledge.

i made my " diagnosis" based on several things.he used to have splayed legs. when i returned to tape them, one leg was bad. internet brought me to youtube, videos called slipped tendon 1 and slipped tendon 2 look like the chick has its leg bent like my duckling does. so i made the assumption. in all fairness, my title of the original post was " I think". i am ok with it being something different. i came here looking for advice on how to fix it. if it is not slipped tendon, i am hoping someone can inform me of other possible options. he can not be a house duck and he will not last long in the farmyard on a gimpy leg.Easy pickins for mrs fox. since he was originally fine at birth, then had splayed legs, then had this all within his first 36 hours , i would like to fix him soon. my intent was to gather information here so i could give the neighbor or the vet the info needed.

and here is another photo from the underside. the bad one is at the bottom of the photo looking all fat and distorted.

yup. i read it. but i have no real life experience so i am clueless. i can read things until i am blue in the face and not understand until i have hands on working knowledge.

i made my " diagnosis" based on several things.he used to have splayed legs. when i returned to tape them, one leg was bad. internet brought me to youtube, videos called slipped tendon 1 and slipped tendon 2 look like the chick has its leg bent like my duckling does. so i made the assumption. in all fairness, my title of the original post was " I think". i am ok with it being something different. i came here looking for advice on how to fix it. if it is not slipped tendon, i am hoping someone can inform me of other possible options. he can not be a house duck and he will not last long in the farmyard on a gimpy leg.Easy pickins for mrs fox. since he was originally fine at birth, then had splayed legs, then had this all within his first 36 hours , i would like to fix him soon. my intent was to gather information here so i could give the neighbor or the vet the info needed.
I honestly haven't had this experience so I am not sure either. But since it had splayed leg first lets assume it is a slipped tendon. The leg is very swollen and looks very different than the other one. When you run your fingers down the leg can you feel anything out of place compared to the normal one?I am sorry I haven't been much help I wish I knew someone who recently had this problem so I could tag them. Did you see where they mentioned the vitamins that would help also?
So your neighbor wants to help but hasn't any experience with a slipped tendon either?

i really can not tell what i feel. hes just so tiny. i took him outside for better lighting, i notice his back toe seems to be on the outside of leg now. is that different than earlier? i have no idea, but he didnt hatch that way.

and yeah, my neighbor is a big softie like i am. i dont know her very well, but figured maybe her experience with animals can bring more knowledge to the situation than i can.

plus, she can cull him if need be.

Back
Top Bottom