heavenzeyes

Chirping
Aug 3, 2015
I have a mixed breed incubation goin on, it's now day 22.5, almost 48hrs ago my 1st chic hatched & is practically dry. 6hrs ago I had another hatch & is still wet. I have 3 that have pipped and are showing small signs of starting the zip process. Can I remove the dry chic to the brooder now, with having one wet chic & a few pips going on? I don't want to put any of the babies in danger yet I don't want the oldest to suffer from lack of water or nutrition beings it's almost been 48+hrs since birth. I've never experienced this sort of long span time between hatches. Any & all helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you Kiki :hugs
What is your temp & humidity of the incubator, please :fl
X2 and Did you happen to calibrate your thermometer in salt test your humidity gauge before you begin incubating?
Or are you going by the built-in thermometer and humidity readings?

X2 and Did you happen to calibrate your thermometer in salt test your humidity gauge before you begin incubating?
Or are you going by the built-in thermometer and humidity readings?
i did do the guage tests before i started incubating them & let it run a full wk before i set the eggs. I'm currently goin off of the incubators readings

Day 1-17 it stayed at a solid 52% Day 18- today it's stayed at a steady 62% it wasn't until another chick hatched did it go up to 67%. Humidity increases every time a chick hatches & alarms start goin off

Back
Top Bottom