Small flying bugs??

So sorry about that! Yea, I knew they could kill.. @mixedUPturk had them kill lots of hers! She lives near me but when she dealt with them I never have... and thank you! I’ll get some fresheners as well.. ..
Oh no, that's terrible. 😢 I just wanted to make sure, because I didn't want you to lose any. Glad you know but sad for the reason you know. I've heard vanilla extract can be sprayed on birds (but it has to be sprayed often), haven't tried that yet but I plan to. One of my roosters is like a gnat magnet. Not sure why they pick on him most.

I’m in Louisiana and the “gnats” buffalo or black flies as they are called have hit. Get a jump on spraying them and you won’t eliminate them. But just keep the spraying up to kill the new force coming in daily. Their numbers will gradually start to fade in couple months. They can kill a whole flock in a 24 hr period. I’m trying to find a bug light with the electric bars close enough to zap’em. Just for my own pleasure. I’m allergic to their bites.

Oh no, that's terrible. 😢 I just wanted to make sure, because I didn't want you to lose any. Glad you know but sad for the reason you know. I've heard vanilla extract can be sprayed on birds (but it has to be sprayed often), haven't tried that yet but I plan to. One of my roosters is like a gnat magnet. Not sure why they pick on him most.
Thank you for your help! I will try vanilla too.. it can’t hurt! I did hang the vanilla tree scents.. the coop smells nice 😄

I’m in Louisiana and the “gnats” buffalo or black flies as they are called have hit. Get a jump on spraying them and you won’t eliminate them. But just keep the spraying up to kill the new force coming in daily. Their numbers will gradually start to fade in couple months. They can kill a whole flock in a 24 hr period. I’m trying to find a bug light with the electric bars close enough to zap’em. Just for my own pleasure. I’m allergic to their bites.
Thank you so much! Hoping you can keep them at bay! And me too!

I have been spraying my pens, birds and surrounding areas for 5 days, twice daily and finally yesterday the number of black flies(gnats) have started to decline. Spray has not hurt my week old Sussex chicks, ducklings, goslings or quail. I mist it over them too.

And that particular spray is ok? New to this, just want to make sure there isn't a difference because the bottle doesn't mention poultry

Back
Top Bottom