Smelly egg day 21

chicksonline

Songster
Mar 14, 2017
There has been this egg I don’t think the chick has been alive for a while in it but I always kept it in just in case

today I opened the incubator and there was this awful smell coming from the egg!

I’ve had bad eggs before but they don’t usually smell this bad

I did the float test and it sunk to the bottomwith no movement

is it best to throw out or keep?

Candle it (outside just in case it explodes) then toss it. Wear gloves. You can candle it under a cardboard box so it is dark enough to see through the egg.

Candle it (outside just in case it explodes) then toss it. Wear gloves. You can candle it under a cardboard box so it is dark enough to see through the egg.
I candled and there was no movement or Vienna and I tossed it there was a chick with a weird yolk sac it was yellow with massive red lumps on it and I tiny chick nothing I’ve ever seen before!

How long did you keep it in for after you suspected it was no longer viable? I ask because I found one 2 days ago that I'm pretty sure is gone, but wondering if it'll hurt to leave in. I'm locking down tonight/in the morning.

How long did you keep it in for after you suspected it was no longer viable? I ask because I found one 2 days ago that I'm pretty sure is gone, but wondering if it'll hurt to leave in. I'm locking down tonight/in the morning.
I think I found it 5 days before lockdown - I’d say as it’s three days leave it for you unless it really starts to smell bad and once your others have hatched then see

Back
Top Bottom