Smokers Paradise (for all the smokers and BBQ lovers)

I'd love to get ideas from you all
smile.png
. We were gifted one of the little chief electric smokers, and so far I've done bone in turkey breast, twice. it came out wonderful! Today I did some chicken split breasts. I pulled them too early, I think, so I'm finishing them in the oven. I need a better meat thermometer. But, I'm having fun with this little thing! My honey has a black round/barrel smoker I've never used, but may have to get comfortable with it. This little electric guy is good, but it's pretty small. The bone in turkey breast about maxes out the space. I would like to try pork chops....any guidelines for time?

We also have a lot of ground pork, and I'd like to play with smoking some sausages. Any tips would be great!
You are missed... My friend.
R.I.P.

Smoked rainbow trout is pretty darned good too!
it is amazing, i love smoked salmon as well (too bad its super expensive here to get salmon at the store and we have no where to fish for them where i live) but i was told smoked lake trout is pretty good as well. (i think almost all trout/salmon/char) are good smoked.

right at the moment have some fish in a brine/cure going into the smoker tomorrow, this is what where smoking at the moment.
perch
walleye
pike
and we thought we caught a white fish so we kept it, turned out to be a Cisco or fresh water herring, cleaned it and everything so its going in the smoker as well. hope it turns out good.

right at the moment have some fish in a brine/cure going into the smoker tomorrow, this is what where smoking at the moment.
perch
walleye
pike
and we thought we caught a white fish so we kept it, turned out to be a Cisco or fresh water herring, cleaned it and everything so its going in the smoker as well. hope it turns out good.
Herring is awesome smoked....

a few days ago i saw a recipe for duck bacon (or cooking with duck bacon not sure what ever it was had bacon made from duck meat/breast) so i wanted to make some, found some recipes online and (with a few adjustments) made a cure/brine (not sure what you call it)

but in the smoker right now is mallard duck, and Ross, snow and a Canada goose being turned into duck bacon.

Back
Top Bottom