Smokers Paradise (for all the smokers and BBQ lovers)

Pics
yes....not over powering but yes....

I think the whole point is just the moisture. I doubt you would get more than a surface taste of almost anything. Apple may register more with us because it is a sweet taste we are use to on smoked meat. (or at least I am) I use apple wood a lot.

I wonder what a screwdriver Chicken would taste like. Replace the sprite in the can with vodka and orange juice.......

Anyone tried koji "aged" steak? Saw an article on another forum but no home chef reviews yet.
Short version is using the mold that makes sake and miso and such to 48hour age a steak to try and replicate traditionally dry aged steak.

I have been so busy and neglected this thread, we are farmers so this our busy season. I haven't stopped smoking just haven't grabbed pictures. Grabbed a few over the past couple weeks thought I would share.

Gluten free pizza

Southwestern stuffed peppers, didn't grab a shot of them finished.

So I had some duck eggs to use up, so we made a quiche last night with them. We made a Quinoa crust, we follow mostly a Paleo diet so we tried something different. We used Zuchinni from the garden, mushrooms, onions and goats/Parmesan cheese. Of course smoking it took it up another notch. It was delish!

Whatcha all been smoking lately? :frow

Last edited:
I have been so busy and neglected this thread, we are farmers so this our busy season. I haven't stopped smoking just haven't grabbed pictures. Grabbed a few over the past couple weeks thought I would share.

Gluten free pizza

Southwestern stuffed peppers, didn't grab a shot of them finished.

So I had some duck eggs to use up, so we made a quiche last night with them. We made a Quinoa crust, we follow mostly a Paleo diet so we tried something different. We used Zuchinni from the garden, mushrooms, onions and goats/Parmesan cheese. Of course smoking it took it up another notch. It was delish!

Whatcha all been smoking lately? :frow

I smoked some salmon recently and made beef jerky.
Usually I do a lot of pork roast

I smoked some salmon recently and made beef jerky.
Usually I do a lot of pork roast
yum haven't made jerky before but my ex did. So how's fishing lately? Speaking of fish, my brother-in-law goes to Alaska each year for the salmon run fishing. I know they have a freezer full of fresh halibut and salmon and we will get some: We are also getting some Elk from some friends as well. Can't wait for smoking these items.

I purchased the Pit Boss Kamado 24" from Costco website for $525 shipped before tax and have been cooking with it sometime. It works well during winter temperature and the food turn out great. The Kamado is very flexible adding any kind of wood smoke flavor.

I looked at those and almost bought one but ended up bringing home a Traeger (which works well for my currently busy schedule). Was there a learning curve to getting the Kamado the "right" temperature for what you are doing?

Back
Top Bottom