Smokers Paradise (for all the smokers and BBQ lovers)

I'm sorry, salt and smoke alone doesn't 'cure" meats.
Use that method if you like, but I'm not going to chance it. Curing only happens when sodium nitrite ,cure#1 or sodium nitrate, cure#2 is used. Lot of mis information on the web.
This is false. While sodium nitrite and nitrate confer additional benefits (I use sodium nitrite in my own home cured bacon, pastrami, etc), they are not required for something to be "cured".

The outside temperature is 34°F and dropping like a rock. It's the perfect time to cold smoke some home-cured bacon.
20220101_154440.jpg

This is false. While sodium nitrite and nitrate confer additional benefits (I use sodium nitrite in my own home cured bacon, pastrami, etc), they are not required for something to be "cured".
In sorry, this is false. You CANNOT cure something with just salt and smoke. "Saying it's cured" doesn't make it cured.

In sorry, this is false. You CANNOT cure something with just salt and smoke. "Saying it's cured" doesn't make it cured.
Curing has been performed with just salt (and often smoke) for millenia. You're referring to the USDA's definition of "curing", which is a regulatory one, not a practical one.

Curing has been performed with just salt (and often smoke) for millenia. You're referring to the USDA's definition of "curing", which is a regulatory one, not a practical one.
We're going to have to agree to disagree. Impossible to cure with just salt. Period.

Back
Top Bottom