SNAKE!!!(now a dead snake) Snake lovers, don't look.

Quote:
Please don't kill garter snakes; they are ABSOLUTELY HARMLESS! They eat bugs, worms, small frogs, etc., but did not pose a threat to your chicks. We have them in our yard all the time and enjoy watching them as they go out into the sun to get warm and then back into the shade to cool off. They're amazing creatures!

He never said that it wasn't harming his chicks, I've had a garter snake go after my chicks once. However, I don't like snakes in general anyway.

So you don't like them so you kill them? Sorry I disagree they are not predators if they are just garter snakes. I can almost understand if they are venomous but not if they don't even have teeth. Kill all the venomous if you want just leave the Garter alone please.

hu.gif

I never said I killed them.

I said I don't like snakes in general. I don't know if I'd want to get that close to even try to kill one.

But, teeth or not, they can still eat chickies, I'd say thats a predator. I never killed that snake though, if that makes you feel better.

Sorry for accusing you. I like talking about chickens and stuff on here but sometimes I wonder if its worth it hearing all the dead animal stories and butchering even if I don't click on it I still see the title and it bugs me alot more than you would ever think possible.

Sometimes I wonder why I even go on here too. Although not because of dead things
lol.png

But yes, I like looking at pictures of peoples poultry, setups, eggs, its kinda fun
wink.png

Quote:
Amen to that. I have never seen a poisonous snake here (OH) I have lots of gardner, black & gray rat snake. I even get them in my basement. I do not kill these. I actually enjoy having them around.
smile.png
I always take them outside and put them in the corn crib.
smile.png
Now if it was poisonous.......well I have two little kids and lots of animals that depend on me to keep them safe. Well, said.
wink.png

Here is one of the many I have pulled from my basement.
smile.png

HPIM1693.jpg

I thought the first few pics were funny only because of the method used. (I am a HUGE gun fan!)

Alot of people dont know if they are poisonous or not. And with kids, pets ,why take a chance?
Rather err on the cautious side than having one around that might be poisonous and then grab it.

If I dont know if it is poisonous or not.. its dead. A few snakes that are killed that are not harmful will not deplete the population.
Its a really stupid idea to trying to relocate deadly snakes .You are just putting other people/pets in danger.

Back
Top Bottom