Snakes

Peplers chicks

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 8, 2013
South Africa, Vereeniging
A lot of people have raccoon problems, mine are a bit worst, dogs and snakes, this morning again a massive spitting cobra scared the wits out of one of my broody hen on her eggs. Wonder if she will be able to finish until hatching, still got 6 days left.

Wow! We have snakes where I am, including a few poisonous species, but nothing that spits! I hope her instincts are good, so she stays with her job and hatches your chicks -- and I hope the cobra has found somewhere else to hang out!

I also hopes so, I promised my hand if he gets that ugly thing I will give him a R100, hopefully he does, cause I am scared as hell for those things, hehe.

Since the incident she is still on the eggs, thats about 7 hours now, it looks promissing

And there it happens again, I am furious, she was breeding on 22 eggs, today three hatched, one on his way to hatch, and seven eggs with no life, so the ugly predator ate all the other eggs, I took the eggs out, test them to see if there is life, just as I thought nothing, opened them, with all rotten eggs as result. I will wait till nightfall and go collect her with her three babies and bring her to safety. what a lost again. This is the first time that all my hens breed so bat, and that all due to a snake.

Back
Top Bottom