Snowed In (with pic.s)!

ella

Songster
13 Years
Jan 18, 2007
Aboard the the Heart of Gold
Big snowstorm here in Minnesota. It started yesterday and we got 19'' in the past two days, added to the 13'' we got last weekend! That's the most snow we've gotten in a one week period since 1982!

You can see the icicles hanging off the roof have almost merged with the snow drift, and Mr. Chips the horse waiting for his dinner in the backround.
Icicles.jpg

Here's my dad kindly using the snowblower to give me a path to the coop and horse barn. This is the third time that he's had to clear that path because it kept drifting over. And he had to do it again today, twice!
Mar-1.jpg

I guess we won't be grilling anything for a while!
Weber.jpg

And the chickenss are stuck inside for awhile too. That's 5' poultry wire.
yards.jpg

Here's the snow drifted up to the back door
Mar-3.jpg

And the snowmobile, dad got it running long enough to get it stuck in the swamp about 500 yards from the house, he had to walk home.
roll.png
I'll try to get pic's of it stuck in the snow...
Mar-2.jpg

It's the first time we've had a storm like this in about 5 years, sad thing is I remember these storms happening all the time when I was a kid. It was great! We used to get the day off school, nothing to do but play in the snow... I still love winter!!

Well, now I'm off to the northwoods for the weekend, hope the plumbing in the cabin doesn't freeze!
tongue.png

Last edited:
ella, thanks for sharing the pics! I think we were hit with the same storm, at least the results were the same. Only difference is I hate winter. Too much additional work and I like cooking out and having a beer in the nice summer weather better.

bigzio

Back
Top Bottom