So.Cal here anyone else?

I'm in Westminster. I got my chicks from Midway City Feed and they are all healthy. They get new chicks Wedneday afternoons, but I would check. I was just there today and they have a few along with 4 adorable goslings.

Also, I'm look for a blue Orpington chick to join a barred rock, buff orpington, and cookoo marans (although I think it is a cockrel). Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Welcome Datagram - what type chickens do you have? i am starting over from scratch, with 9 little bantam chicks near Moorpark. Do you happen to know kim over at Blue Hills Farm, in Oak View?

Goodness, I am right near Oak View, but I dont know Kim. I just moved here a few months ago. I got 3 chickens first, a RIR, and 2 Americana's. Then, I went back 2 weeks later and they had the cutest little Barred Rock peepers. Had to get another one! They are addicting. I really wanted a bantam too, fuzzy heads are so cute! My oldest ones are 3 months, Barred Rock is little over 2 months. Building their outdoor coop this weekend!

As a matter of fact, i got my little bantam Ameraucana at our last poultry show here in Ventura. Was really looking forward to the blue eggs she would lay, but she started crowing last week (was SUPPOSED to be a pullet)! He is perched on top of my laptop screen, even as we 'speak". When he is done making his pronouncements, he comes down to the screen and pecks at the cursor. When he really starts to feel ignored, he'll assist me by typing his 2 cents!

Oh thats so cute!!! Sorry hes a rooster :( My neighbor, even though he is 3 acres away, is a total jerk, so I dont think I can have a Roo here :( I love my Barred Rock, but the other day I saw a white and black chicken that was sooo pretty, definitely have to get one of those :) My birdie likes to try to eat the light on my laptop at the front of it. And my ring on my hand, they love shiny things!

Back
Top Bottom