So I went into Tractor Supply today...

Buff Brahma
Frizzled Cochin
Old English game?
barred Ranger (slow-developing meat bird)
White Cochin

ETA: if they're all bantams, then my guess on the barred-ish one is wrong

Thank you so much!!!! Now I just hope they are pullets. I have only been a chicken mama for a year so does anyone know if Barred Rangers will lay eggs? It's the sweetest chick so I hate to get rid of it.

Thank you so much!!!! Now I just hope they are pullets. I have only been a chicken mama for a year so does anyone know if Barred Rangers will lay eggs? It's the sweetest chick so I hate to get rid of it.
The Brahma has a bit of pink in the comb already. That's not a great sign if you didn't want any cockerels.

You might find more info on the barred bird by looking up "Kosher King". It's pretty much a barred Rock mixed with light Sussex but the name and exact details vary by producer. But that's why the barring is so off. It could very well be a pullet.

The Brahma has a bit of pink in the comb already. That's not a great sign if you didn't want any cockerels.

You might find more info on the barred bird by looking up "Kosher King". It's pretty much a barred Rock mixed with light Sussex but the name and exact details vary by producer. But that's why the barring is so off. It could very well be a pullet.

I will definitely try to keep the Brahma rooster as long as he can stay friendly. I have toddler nieces and nephews that enjoy feeding the chickens and I don't want them getting flogged by an aggressive bird.

Almost 6 weeks in and I'm pretty sure one of the bantams is a roo. But that's ok as we lost our rosecomb bantam roo a few months ago.

Here is a current picture of the chicks:
20180331_103704.jpg

These are the 2 bantams w/ one of the Javas.
I' ppretty sure the one on the right is a roo. Here is another shot of the chick in question:
20180331_103729.jpg

So am I right, is this one a boy?

Also, any idea of breed? The other bantam is in the background.

I apologize for the poor pictures, but these two are fast and it's hard to get a decent picture of them.

He looks like a Roo to me. I have BBRed bantam and he looks just like mine in his juvenile stage. They can be feisty and territorial with other Roos. Kinda how chihuahua is
Almost 6 weeks in and I'm pretty sure one of the bantams is a roo. But that's ok as we lost our rosecomb bantam roo a few months ago.

Here is a current picture of the chicks: View attachment 1319276
These are the 2 bantams w/ one of the Javas.
I' ppretty sure the one on the right is a roo. Here is another shot of the chick in question:
View attachment 1319287

So am I right, is this one a boy?

Also, any idea of breed? The other bantam is in the background.

I apologize for the poor pictures, but these two are fast and it's hard to get a decent picture of them.

He looks like a Roo to me. I have BBRed bantam and he looks just like mine in his juvenile stage. They can be feisty and territorial with other Roos. Kinda how chihuahua is
Thanks.
Our other bantam roo that died was feisty too.
You can already tell that this one will be that way. The funny thing is that he is the most calm of the bunch when being held.

Buff Brahma
Frizzled Cochin
Old English game?
barred Ranger (slow-developing meat bird)
White Cochin

ETA: if they're all bantams, then my guess on the barred-ish one is wrong

Here are updated photos of the babies from my original post that I’m still not sure about their breed. They are about 14 or 15 weeks now. Any ideas? A174C785-51F7-4483-B2D1-8AC45C653E9E.jpeg
D085FB00-DB50-4E3B-9B26-A4235A0812D3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom