So impatient/nervous for my duck egg to hatch, send me your cute duckling photos!

I wasnt sure if its okay to candle every night. Does it make a difference? I wash my hands before and after and only keep the egg out for like a min or less. Now I want to candle again tonight haha. I have a problem :D
I’m not sure if it makes a difference, but I’ve always done it with chicken eggs. I guess it won’t impact it as much in my case since they’re under a broody, the temp stays the same once I take them out. Unlike with an incubator, opening the lid can make the temp and humidity change, I think.

I’m not sure if it makes a difference, but I’ve always done it with chicken eggs. I guess it won’t impact it as much in my case since they’re under a broody, the temp stays the same once I take them out. Unlike with an incubator, opening the lid can make the temp and humidity change, I think.
Yeah thats true. So your broody doesn't mind you taking the eggs to candle?

Currently on day 16 of incubation. This will be the longest 28 days ever...
Can I see some cute duckling photos to help :D
I remember when we did our first hatch. We were told 28 days, our female is a Pekin...my husband watched a video on YouTube, and insisted they wouldn’t hatch till day 31. Let me tell you, I hadn’t seen or heard anything from the incubator from day 28 and read give it 2 days before discarding. I thought I did something wrong. St. Patrick’s Day, I wake up, make a cup of coffee and just as I’m about to go out and tend to our 4 adult ducks, I hear something coming from the incubator, which I had planned to dispose of the eggs, thinking I did something wrong. I looked in the incubator and sure enough, 6 eggs were pipping and you could hear the inside chirping LOL. Out of the 12 eggs we incubated, 6 hatched but one didn’t survive the first day 🥲. My husband was so fascinated by the entire idea, he sat watching them for hours, even overnight. I took a quick video but am posting the pic of our first duckling who hatched. It’s an amazing experience but can last forever, as you’re probably learning. I think the pics got reorganized. They should be:
1.) First Hatchling
2.) First Hatchling cuddling around the next duckling to hatch.
3.) Ducklings huddled around next egg to hatch
4.) Just to show the approximate size the day they were born.
5.) The 5 of my girls together.
Yep, all females 🙏🏻, all born on St. Patty’s Day; as for names, still working on it but I have Lucky, Clover, Patty,
Al 1, and Al 2 {Al 1- Alarm, Al2-Alert)

Don’t get discouraged. I always had my brief time with them, whether I was talking to them while they were incubating; loves candling them and spritzing water on the eggs every 3-4 hours. We hatched two more, Loco & Luna (born a day apart on day 31 and day 32}.

Attachments

• B011C341-69E7-4536-BC20-EA532686B677.jpeg
    B011C341-69E7-4536-BC20-EA532686B677.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 4E65F34A-24D0-4DE6-8BEB-2B2AD8277BC9.jpeg
    4E65F34A-24D0-4DE6-8BEB-2B2AD8277BC9.jpeg
    356.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DD54567B-AE30-4EA1-AC16-21634E096C3C.jpeg
    DD54567B-AE30-4EA1-AC16-21634E096C3C.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 029DCFA0-64D0-4E7A-A098-FD9DE5BC4999.jpeg
    029DCFA0-64D0-4E7A-A098-FD9DE5BC4999.jpeg
    306.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 3BCECDA5-036D-4ABC-847E-59D351A1247C.jpeg
    3BCECDA5-036D-4ABC-847E-59D351A1247C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 9CD7F1D3-AC24-449F-A5C8-554DF8AEC3EC.jpeg
    9CD7F1D3-AC24-449F-A5C8-554DF8AEC3EC.jpeg
    726.7 KB · Views: 2
I remember when we did our first hatch. We were told 28 days, our female is a Pekin...my husband watched a video on YouTube, and insisted they wouldn’t hatch till day 31. Let me tell you, I hadn’t seen or heard anything from the incubator from day 28 and read give it 2 days before discarding. I thought I did something wrong. St. Patrick’s Day, I wake up, make a cup of coffee and just as I’m about to go out and tend to our 4 adult ducks, I hear something coming from the incubator, which I had planned to dispose of the eggs, thinking I did something wrong. I looked in the incubator and sure enough, 6 eggs were pipping and you could hear the inside chirping LOL. Out of the 12 eggs we incubated, 6 hatched but one didn’t survive the first day 🥲. My husband was so fascinated by the entire idea, he sat watching them for hours, even overnight. I took a quick video but am posting the pic of our first duckling who hatched. It’s an amazing experience but can last forever, as you’re probably learning. I think the pics got reorganized. They should be:
1.) First Hatchling
2.) First Hatchling cuddling around the next duckling to hatch.
3.) Ducklings huddled around next egg to hatch
4.) Just to show the approximate size the day they were born.
5.) The 5 of my girls together.
Yep, all females 🙏🏻, all born on St. Patty’s Day; as for names, still working on it but I have Lucky, Clover, Patty,
Al 1, and Al 2 {Al 1- Alarm, Al2-Alert)

Don’t get discouraged. I always had my brief time with them, whether I was talking to them while they were incubating; loves candling them and spritzing water on the eggs every 3-4 hours. We hatched two more, Loco & Luna (born a day apart on day 31 and day 32}.
Sooo cute! I really hope my one egg hatches. I plan on buying another duckling once he/she hatches so they have a friend

Yes there should always be two ducks...we started with 4, all different breeds. We now have 11 total and are gonna stop LOL. Have you candled the egg to check it’s progress?
Yeah I've read they get lonely so I've reached out to a few local farms to see if any of them are expecting ducklings in the next 2 weeks. I just candled this morning and everything is looking great! Here's a cute video, I think you can see his little foot :love

Back
Top Bottom