So impressed! I am hooked...

ChickensInAK

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 5, 2010
Fairbanks, AK
Well I just finished my first hatch ever. I am thrilled with the results. I set 24 eggs that I collected from my own flock and on day 19-20 I had 22 hatch! I never candled any of them and used the dry incubation method. There are still two eggs in the bator, but I am guessing they are duds. I did end up helping the last little guy out of his shell because he was completely stuck. He survived but is still covered in some very sticky goo with pieces of shell still on him after a day and a half. Will he dry up eventually or should I try to wash him up? Anyway, I enjoyed this site and all your knowledge through this process. Thanks! I'm hooked.

Your little guy will fluff up in a few days; give him some time to preen.
Congrats on the great hatch; dry incubation rules! It's so nice to hatch from your own flock, especially when you've struggled with shipped eggs.

verry cool congrats on your babys coudld u post us some pics please?

can u explain to me the whole proses of dry incubation please??? im new to these
i have my home made bator but i have a water pan inside with humidity of 40% whats its dry incubation?? anyone please and explain the whole 22 days proses cus i may try it i have read many people here with 90S % results if nor 100% using that metod. thank you..

Awesome! I am about to set my second batch, I am completely hooked after the first batch. I had one that was gooey like that as well. The other chicks actually helped it hatch. I cleaned it off with warm water when I removed it from the incubator and it has fluffed up nicely.

I hatched out my first batch of chicks a month ago and it was soooooo exciting! You're hatch rate is amazing! I bought mine off of ebay so I only got about 50%. Congrats and enjoy those cutie-pies!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom