So i've decided to build a coop

Really nice. I guess you now know the roof can take a good weight load. Your wife should be so so happy with the job you have done for her, you're a great husband.

And finally, a coop-warming gift from a friend of my wife's. This will go on the inside for to be pooped upon.

AHAHAHA!
lau.gif

Nicely done!
You may need more ventilation in TX.
Hopefully not as much drama as sign suggests...haha!
Thanks. In the summer, or whenever it's hot, the window and door will be fully opened with a HW cloth screen in place. So basically, one whole wall and a good part of another will be open. This should also create a nice cross breeze for the chicks.

That is fantastic! You have some nice friends to come lend a hand and in at least one area a back.

I love the sign it is funny and given that we all want our hens to have big bottoms perhaps appropriate.
hide.gif

Nice that you thought of the extra summer air flow for the ladies.
I too hope the hen house has less drama then the tv show.

I was able to get all of the vent screening done today. I decided rather than use siding for my soffit material, I went ahead and screened them in with HW cloth. It's hot here in the summer, so like Aart mentioned, the more ventilation the better. In the winter i can cover the wall vents if necessary.

Plus, i am kinda diggin' the look of the exposed rafters.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom