So mad at neighbor

This is good advice. It is obvious from your last experience that your neighbor doesn't want or care about $50, and that is why he did not put any effort into the job. But $50 is a lot of money to a teenager, so the teen would take the job more seriously. Also, kids are better at following directions than adults, in my opinion.
The last time he watched them, my boyfriend sent him this also. That is pretty easy to understand

Attachments

• 702CCABD-5290-4587-84A0-8E3F748C9F5F.png
    702CCABD-5290-4587-84A0-8E3F748C9F5F.png
    439.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 7DF46267-1EA1-4AE0-B00D-D3361B8172FD.png
    7DF46267-1EA1-4AE0-B00D-D3361B8172FD.png
    404.7 KB · Views: 5
:mad: Not cool, man! Sereously an entire bag of millworms, bad eggshells, I mean seriously take better care of them! Does he take care of his own chickens like that??!?! The things he had to do were super straight foreward and easy.
I sure hope he doesn’t take care of his chickens like that. I know his run is not secure at all, meaning the roof is just like a thin cotton netting that is ripped and they live backed up to the woods. Around here we have hawks, garden snakes, foxes and coyotes. I believe he said he has lost 2 or 3 previous to the 5 he has now

Sorry about your situation, this would be incredibly frustrating. They will probably get back to normal laying within a few days. I would definitely not trust this dude to watch your chickens again. :hugs
All hens laid today!! Woo Hoo! But yes definitely not trusting him again, because one time all my chickens are going to be dead from him not doing the proper needs

Honestly, I don’t trust anyone to care for my birds.
We take week long vacations and I make additional 5gl feeders and waters in addition to their normal feeders and waters. Water and feed is still available by the time I get back and everyone is alive and well.

Perhaps in the future getting a larger waterer and feeder could be a way to avoid this problem again. With only 3 birds the big metal ones would easily last them all week without running out.
Then if you chose to haven someone come out they would only need to look in on them and collect eggs.

Honestly, I don’t trust anyone to care for my birds.
We take week long vacations and I make additional 5gl feeders and waters in addition to their normal feeders and waters. Water and feed is still available by the time I get back and everyone is alive and well.

Perhaps in the future getting a larger waterer and feeder could be a way to avoid this problem again. With only 3 birds the big metal ones would easily last them all week without running out.
Then if you chose to haven someone come out they would only need to look in on them and collect eggs.
The waterer is a 2 gallon bucket, you only need to fill it maybe every 3 days. And the feeder is super easy to fill.

Correct. He gave my boyfriend $20 for watching the chickens for 3 days. My boyfriend went over with a $50 bill the last time he watched them and he said the this for that thing.
Honestly this is how our old neighbors were with their dog/our cats. She was even a good friend of mine and had been in our wedding. Always insisted on paying us for watching her dog and said it was more work than them watching our cats. 🤦🏽‍♀️We did trade off babysitting without pay though

Back
Top Bottom