So much was lost today

bgelber

Songster
10 Years
Jul 24, 2009
Athens, al
First, has anyone heard from Kristenhall?? I know the area where she lives was hit very hard. I am hoping and praying she is okay.

Where I live two communities have been hit hard. A trailer park has been wiped out. The entire state is under a state of emergency and we are under a curfew here. At one time I walked out of my hone ( which I am thanking God that I have right now ) and there was debris flying from heaven knows where.

As the mayor of tuscaloosa said "please pray for us" I'm not asking this for myself, I was one of the lucky one's. The only thing I've lost was power but so much has been lost.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I am watching the details on the news this morning
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

More details are being shared about the royal wedding than the destruction from the storm. . . .

I had NO IDEA it was that bad until they mentioned a body count this morning. . .

hugs.gif
Glad you are safe
hugs.gif

We made it through ok although the coops are a little wet on the inside this morning. We got darn lucky as 3 super cells moved up from Greenville towards Bristol Tn./Va. and just skirted north of our house. I sat on the porch watching the wall cloud from one of them.

Apparently a dozen or so people were killed in Washington County Va. which is NW of our house and I heard that Interstate 81 is closed due to the cars and trucks off the road and damaged when the storms went through.

Lots of damage.

Today's show said this year would be the worst tornado season in 35 years. Just awesome how the power Mother Nature can hurl at us and yet, we managed to survive. Hope everyone is OK!

You and everyone in the areas hit are in my prayers. They showed one twister on the news. Looked massive. Ohh and i was over this royal wedding before it started. It shouldnt take so much news when poop is hitting us here.

Stunned at the pics on the news this morning. Praying for all in the affected areas throughout all the states. Just unbelievable. Would love a check-in from out BYC friends in these areas when possible.

Back
Top Bottom