So my goose has injured her leg (video)

Well, her leg isn't any worse today. She doesn't seem to have much trouble covering a lot of ground while free ranging today. She's still favoring it and holding it up when she rests, yet I'm hopeful it's just a sprain. Her mate is copying by doing the same with the opposite leg, but no limp...just being goofy.

Well, her leg isn't any worse today. She doesn't seem to have much trouble covering a lot of ground while free ranging today. She's still favoring it and holding it up when she rests, yet I'm hopeful it's just a sprain. Her mate is copying by doing the same with the opposite leg, but no limp...just being goofy.
lol.png

Goofy is right!!

Glad to hear she is better.

So it's been a couple of weeks, and Gertie's walking much better. I've confined the pair at night in the inner chicken pen to eliminate their night time "patrol" of the fenced yard. She's back to being her feisty, biting self. I preferred her more demure temperament the first week, but not at the cost of being injured, so a cranky mood it is.

Last edited:
So it's been a couple of weeks, and Gertie's walking much better. I've confined the pair at night in the inner chicken pen to eliminate their night time "patrol" of the fenced yard. She's back to being her feisty, biting self. I preferred her more demure temperament the first week, but not at the cost of being injured, so a cranky mood it is.
@Miss CluckyButt that is great news!! About Gerties leg, the crankiness is the time of year we're in with them, my Toulouse female is so laid back most of the time but boy is she cranky right now. Breeding season is in full swing.
hmm.png

She bit me hard on my bare leg this morning. I'll have a big bruise from this one. There's quite the blood blister. My Pekin drake has become bitey too. His pinches are quite sharp, but there's something so much cuter about a duck flapping and nibbling at you than a goose. The goose is so much stronger and can do so much more damage and injury! The geese were mating in the pool this morning, so I think Gertie's leg will be ok. Thanks for all of the feedback, everyone.

Last edited:
She bit me hard on my bare leg this morning. I'll have a big bruise from this one. There's quite the blood blister. My Pekin drake has become bitey too. His pinches are quite sharp, but there's something so much cuter about a duck flapping and nibbling at you than a goose. The goose is so much stronger and can do so much more damage and injury! The geese were mating in the pool this morning, so I think Gertie's leg will be ok. Thanks for all of the feedback, everyone.
Ouch!! I am very thankful my goose has never bit me I get enough of it from her mate my gander though.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom