So now we know...

farmerlor

Songster
11 Years
Dec 25, 2008
middle of nowhere Colorado
We had to rehome my last dog because he killed several of my chickens. What was I thinking when I got a Beagle/Border Collie mix? We've also always had a big Dane/lab rescue and big Dobie/boxer rescue who've never been out long enough to even know we had chickens or turkeys so I was never sure what they'd do about birds if they saw one. Today the stupid fed ex man left my gate open and out they flew and down the road. No way to catch them. So I opened the garage door so they'd come scratch at the door when they came back, they're both very old so I knew they wouldn't be gone long. Sure enough I hear the scratch at the door and I go to the garage and there's the two dogs surrounded by every single turkey I own. The kid must've left the turkey house doors open and the turks finally noticed and came to call just about the time the dogs were returning. So now I know, my big dogs got no problems with turkeys at all. WOOT!

awesome! so happy for you
big_smile.png

we have sucessfully trained our Jack Rusell Terrorist not to "tear the stuffin's" out of the chickens. she does love to run through the middle of them and make them squawk though!

Back
Top Bottom