So....talk about.....CANCER SUPPORT THREAD !!

I suppose I should be joining this thread now. Not that I am at all happy about the reason why. I would much prefer to be a cheerleader on the sidelines. However, my Ken has been diagnosed with malignant melanoma. The prognosis is not great either.

Man, that bites. It is awful. I am so sorry.
Do some searches for Dr.Gerson's therapy. I do not think it could possibly do any harm. It is like chicken soup. It can't hurt.

http://gerson.org/gerpress/the-gerson-therapy/

It seems to have success with melanoma.
I have watched many documentaries on it. I don't want to give any false hope, but if it can even help him feel better, then it is beneficial.

I hope something is helpful.

I think this is a great thread to have. Prayers to everyone going thru this and to the friends and loved ones of those. My oldest daughter (14 yrs old) was recently diagnosed with Chronic Eosinophilic Leukemia this past year. Thankfully, it is manageable at this point. She is on Gleevac, which keeps her white count in check. If it stops working then she will need a bone marrow transplant and the chemo. We have to go for bone marrow biopsies twice a year and she has to have blood work done every 2 weeks. She will be on those meds for life. She also takes Zophran for her nausea spells and is on inhalers due to the Gleevac causing shortness of breath. It really puts things in perspective when you are faced with something like this! Makes you start to really appreciate the little things you normally might not.

Last edited:
I am so sorry for everyone going thru these surgeries and cancer diagnosis. TUMERIC, the spice, is a tumor shrinker. . .can shrink tumors up to 81%. Hemp water, and I know its illegal, but it absolutely has been proven to cure cancer. Our bodies are too acidic, which allows cancer to grow. Health food stores have alkiline which is drops or tablets, that you add to your water daily and drink. Odorless, clear and tasteless . . .and not $$...$10 for a bottle and only 8-10 drops a day makes it last a long time. EARTH PATRIOT is a wonderful website that has a lot of information that tell us about what is not being told to us by the government. . . I don't think that is the actual name of the website, it might be earthwellness.com but its so informative. Thoughts and prayers going out to you all suffering from health issues. So far, in this life, I have been so blessed. DH not so lucky, but I cherish every day I have good health and able to do what I do. Blessings to you all.

Deb, Are you finding any help yet? I think panic and shock are the first wave, then conviction sets in and progress is made. You both have been through the mill stones that is for sure.
I can only think positive thoughts for you all.

Hey ya'll! I'm sorry I haven't been keeping everyone updated on what's going on with me. I've been hanging out over at Facebook, I don't come back here except to check on ya'll.

So what's happening? I'm good. All the tests are in. No signs of active Cancer. No more chemo unless it shows back up. My folks came down a couple weeks ago for Relay for Life. It was extra special this year, not because my remission but because my Mom, who is also a Survivor of Uterine Cancer was there to walk the Survivor Lap with me. She has been back home in Jersey telling all her girlfriends' about Relay and all we did. I think she had fun.

We know Lurchie did. I can't get a picture to upload but he was dressed up giant pink & purple fairy complete with purple wings and a pink tutu!! He raised $117 by having people take pictures with him or by daring them to put the dollar in his tutu!

Deb's over at Facebook too. Ken is going to be fine!!! I'll let her fill in the details.

How about everybodyelse?

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but there are 3 documentaries that I urge everyone to watch. The list is in no particular order.

1. Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead
2. Hungry For Change
3. The Beautiful Truth

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but there are 3 documentaries that I urge everyone to watch. The list is in no particular order.

1. Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead
2. Hungry For Changelo
3. The Beautiful Truth

Seen them all. Some of us are close to being vegetarian, if not vegan. I eat nearly all organic because of my multiple severe allergies. I have also lost nearly 80lbs in since Jan. 2012 on purpose. I know our food supply is leading to multiple deaths due to disease caused by it's consumption. Buy from local organic farmers and meat producers is the only way to go. The government is ok with companies like Monsanto poisoning us, but I'm not.

Back
Top Bottom