Soap Makers Fall Swap (BOXES SENT!!!!!)

I also use the silk in some of my soap recipes. I love it! I'm also not sure if it'd work with the frozen milk. What I'd probably do is to hold back a half cup of milk and replace it with water and bring it to a higher temperature, stir in the silk, then let it cool before adding to the milk/lye mixture. I find that sometimes the silk doesn't completely dissolve in the water but the heat generated from the lye usually does the trick. Thus, if you're keeping the temperature down with the frozen milk, there's a chance that it won't completely dissolve.

Last edited:
Quote:
Since I have never used silk.....what exactly does it add to the soap? Is it consistency or.....

Here's the description from The Scent Works:
http://store.scent-works.com/tusnoilsilfi.html

It doesn't take much at all and isn't expensive to add to your soap. I can tell the difference between the soaps that I add it to and those that I don't. It's also nice for the label to advertise a soap with silk. Only you will know that it only cost you pennies for the entire batch.
wink.png

i got my box last thursday and am so excited to start enjoying the wonderful soaps... and thanks to every one who sent stuff it was so nice to get that box my birthday was halloween and it was like you all sent me a gift for my birthday!!! thanks!!!! cant wait to enjoy these thought!!!

I have also tweeked one based on this that smells just like an orange ginger ale!

1 part lavender
1 part patch
3 parts orange
1 part lemongrass
.25 part peppermint

Amber - that sounds heavenly -- never thought to add pepperment...

I really need to experiment with EO blends. Do you just add it to cotton balls to make a sniffie before soaping with it??

Yeah, I use a dropper and each drop is a part. I put mine in little jars so the scents will mellow out together. Blends will smell different a couple of days later than when you first make them. I have one that smelled nasty at first, but a week later was really nasty. It was anise, lavender, ylang, sage, bay, orange and patch. YOu can also stick them baggies. It's fun to play around with. A made a really nice cucumber mint blend. 10 parts cucumber melon fo, 1 part spearmint and 1 part peppermint.

Back
Top Bottom