Soft Goat Cheese

Jen4

Songster
11 Years
Sep 7, 2008
Munfordville, KY
I just got 2 Kinder Dairy Goats 1 week & 3 days ago, started milkin over the weekend, I've gotten 3.5 quarts. Makin a soft goats cheese right now. I'll post a blog on it later. If you have a recipe you'd like to share please do so... Thank you.

You just got yourself the best breed out there!
love.gif
I've had a good handful of different goat breeds, but nothing beats the Kinder.
smile.png

I hope it goes well though. My favorite thing to do was mix some Chevre with freshly picked chives, ground garlic, and onion powder or fresh Shallots.

I would also enjoy making Cheddar, Cottage, and Monterrey Jack cheese. (and of course Kefir and Yogurt)

Last edited:
Oh jealous! Totally LOVE goat's cheese.

I like a pizza with goat's cheese, sundried tomatoes, kalamata olives & basil! YUM

Quote:
I like it... to me it just taste like milk
idunno.gif
My husband tried it this morning for the 1st time & he likes it. Then I have my sisters kids here & I ticked the 2 youngest (5 & 4) this morning they thought they were drinkin store bought milk... really it was goat milk, they drunk it right up, lol. After they were done, I asked em if they liked their milk both said yes. Then I told em it was goats milk,
tongue2.gif

That looks SO good! I NEED to get some goats.
big_smile.png
Read your blog and I had to LOL at the pic of your kids in the back of the van with the goats!!! I bet that was a fun trip.

Back
Top Bottom