Solar Lights Deter Mice?

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Hello... I have several mice in my garden... I see em all the time; they are on the trees eating fruits, and in my chicken's auto feeder...

I installed solar lights around the auto feeder, because that is the only thing that really concerns me... Do you think that the lights deter mice from going into and eating my chicken's food? I've been checking up on the feeder almost nightly to see if I can catch any critters, but am thinking it works... but, also think them critters are outsmarting me....

Lights probably will not stop mice from eating your feed. And if you see several then you probably have a lot more that you are not seeing.

Mice will not care about lights. Or pretty much everything else either. In the fall when they start to come into the house I have found them sitting on the shelf in front of a lamp or the television completely unperturbed. They have also strolled up to an incredulous Jack Russell (in those cases it did not work out too well for the mouse). Nothing deters mice but trapping (or poison which I DON"T do as I'm afraid one of my other animals will get hold of poison or a poisoned carcass). Good luck- I fight a never-ending battle every year.

Back
Top Bottom