Solar powered interior coop light?

I'm going to experiment with changing the angle of the panel in order to control the charge, which should reduce the amount of time the lights are on. They're on now all night and I'm a little unsure how that would impact egg production, if at all. My hens are only 16 weeks old so they haven't started to produce yet.

so for this price can one attach something for the winter months so that our chickens stay warm???? since they are not suppose to have light all night long as it stresses them...how does one keep the coop warm? mine is very plain...no electricity out there, we ran a cord last yr for a heat light.

then I found out, it stresses them and trying to find solutions for the winter coming up...have months...but thinking now.

We used a heat lamp all winter and ours were fine with it so I don't know what else to suggest.
hmm.png

Quote:
I use a red tinted heat lamp, it only provided a slight amount of actual light and plenty of heat. I didn't see any stress related issues and the girls were nice and cozy!

Ditto this. I use a red tinted heat lamp when things dip below freezing. None of my birds have ever seemed stressed by it.

Back
Top Bottom