Solar powered interior coop light?

Quote:
Can you tell me what kind it is & where you got it? Does it stay on all night? I think I will try the Lowes spotlights, but would like them on only 4 hours or so! I am still looking at the Westinghouse Solar Powered Utility Light ($60-70) as it has a remote to turn on the light, so I wouldn't have to open the door on cold nights and reach in to turn it on. It really doesn't say how long the charge lasts, but most of the "shed" lights say 2-4 hours. Thanks.

Most of these solar lights are dim. The link to Harbor Freight showed it as bright as a 10 watt bulb (w/36 led bulbs!!!). My guess is that you'd have to have 6 of those in an 8x8 coop to create enough light. I currently have 3 solar lights on the path to the coop, they are bright compared to most solar yard lights. They each have 6 led bulbs, but I don't think that if I put ALL THREE lights in the coop that it would be enough to keep them laying during the winter. Anyone? I was thinking of putting one of our shop lights out there and running it off of a marine battery that I can recharge in the garage. Anyone?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom