Solar powered Shed light!

Any one else have a solar powered Shed light, and if so how well does it work?

We picked one up at harbor freight for less than $20. We really like it.​

i'm planning on creating a solar power station for my coop. solar panel charging a deep cycle battery, dc to ac inverter, lights, and a electric fence to keep out predators! do yall think this will work?

I got 2 solar lights at my local Benny's on sale for $20 each. Once is a shed light and the other a dawn/dusk motion detector spot light. Neither gives a really powerful light, but it's certainly enough to see my way around in the dark. It seems like the LED lights give a more "blue" light than regular bulbs, so I find it kind of hard to compare them.

Installed it a couple days ago and got to say Not bright enough and the stick pads don't work, and I need to figure out how to other wise attach the light to the wall(The solar panal has holes to slip over the screws so it's safe) but it's okay but I'd need two or three more to light up my coop and not have any other forms of light.

Last edited:
I think this is a good idea. We are building a new coop behind our barn which has no lights. We are planning on putting electric out there but until we do the solor seems like a good option.

I would like to see someone work out an cost effective way of doin this.... I tried for a while and decided solar was to expensive... I ran the dreaded electric wire
sad.png

One small wire can run more amps that $1000 worth of solar panel... so unfair ... blah...

Back
Top Bottom