Soluble wazine

Littlecimarron18

Songster
12 Years
Jan 3, 2008
Colorado
so i saw worms today in a chickens poo.. ive been trying to stay away from the wormer but i have a big pack of wazine soluble. The directions confuse me thou... It says give 100mg in 50 gallons of water for 2300 chickens. so thats 23mg per chicken.. how do i measure out 23 mg out of a 454 g bag? and the lady at the feed store told me it was fine for laying hens, but on the package it says dont use for laying hens? idk what to do.

same problem here. just found out chickens have worms and we have no idea what to do... I think I read somewhere that pumpkin seeds are a natural wormer? But I'm not sure.
idunno.gif

But how do you know wazine is what they need? Seems to me Ivermectin is supposed to be more of an all-purpose wormer. Do you know what kind of worms you saw? Doesn't wazine only treat one kind of worm?

If it were me, I'd cop out and go find some Ivermectin that I could dose for a small flock.

I think the pumpkin seeds are supposed to work but I think you have to mix them with buttermilk. And grind them maybe?

the problem is my feed store only had wazine and right now i m willing to try just about n e thing b.c one of my hens is really getting sick from the worms

wazine 17 is 1 ounce per gallon of water. take away water at night and give medicated water first thing in morning. retreat in 10 to 14 days.
edited to add- just realized you have powder, I used liquid. I will check on dosage.

Last edited:
The Ivermectin isn't labeled for poultry, so you wouldn't have found it w/the Wazine. I use Ivomec injectible (labled for cattle, and kept refrigerated), but I give it orally. Some use the pour-on (topical) form of Ivermectin, also labeled for cattle. If your feed store carries cattle & other livestock supplies, they probably carry various types of Ivermectin. Just a thought, if you wanted to go that route...I believe Wazine only treats roundworms? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But the Ivermectin will treat several different types of worms, along with external biting creatures (lice & mites).

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom