Something killed all my chickens!!

I had an attack like what everyone is talking about , , I could not find a hole , I was losing birds every night by the dozens, finally I caught a glimps of a mink as he had half pulled a hear of a bird into a hole not much bigger than a walnut. I was amazed that he was able to squeeze through it . Long story short I had trapped for many years and as soon as I knew what I was after I made short work of things. I went and found some 1"x 8" boards , I cut them to 3 ft long and made a long box with 8" square holes on both ends ( I made a couple actually) then I placed them against the building as these animals dont like to run in the open and will hug a wall while traveling (they also love holes) I placed a 110 conibear trap on each of the end openings, next morning dead mink , killing stopped

Excellent! I too am a big fan of conibears. Right now I have a mink box set and a running pole set using 140's, a weasel tripod set using a 120, and two weasel boxes (Sleepy Creek long springs, not conibears). No takers yet, but give it time and I hope to thin-out the threat. Congrats on the mink.

Back
Top Bottom