something wrong??????????

Mama2chicks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 8, 2011
Fort Collins
Got up this morning to find one of my 4 week old Black Australorps in rough shape. She is having difficulty holding up her head, keeps somersaulting over forward. She seems to have mild tremors and is just laying around. I have separated her from the rest of the chickens but am not sure what's wrong or what I should do next. I would really appreciate any advice. I would hate to lose her. Thanks in advance!

I don't know anything about this, but
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

They were just outside for the first time yesterday in the run. We live in Colorado and are very, very dry right now. I believe we are actually bordering on drought. She is the only chick that seems to be sick. I have 16 total and everyone else appears to be ok.

OK, I kept her inside over night. Yesterday gave her vitamins and yogurt and encouraged her to drink lots of water. Today she is up hopping around and making a ton of noise. I get the impression that she is not happy to be separated from the rest of the flock. I will keep her inside for at least another day, but what could have been wrong that passed so quickly? Any ideas? I want to be sure it isn't anything major before returning her to the coop.

Sorry, i am not sure either. Cooci can be treated with Sulmet or Corid. Not sure if you would treat the whole flock or not. I am not much help. Perhaps someone else will be more helpful.

Back
Top Bottom