Something's taken a turkey - I'm puzzled.

Quote:
I have always lived in the country, and some of my worst fears are of wild animals! I've never been afraid of humans!
tongue.png
I wonder if it's because we think we can predict what humans will do, but we can't predict animals.

Anyway, I'm very sorry you lost a turkey, and I hope you figure out what it is and get it gone.

Minks and weasels are horrible little things. We just lost our flock of 6 laying hens to one
sad.png

It's amazing what they will drag off!

SAHMof2, google Maglite and buy a couple of their three or 4 D-cell battery flashlights. They are long, metal tubes basically with seals on the screw-in parts (head with bulb and end cap at base). They are built like tanks and I have three that are over 15 years old.

Buy rechargeable batteries and a battery charger, and VOILA, you're moving around in the dark with a substantial weapon in your hands.

When you are moving into an area and feel 'exposed' even though you are carrying the flashlight, just hold it up near the end with the bulb, firmly gripped around the tube, with the tube resting on your shoulder. As you move your head just move the flashlight as if it's attached to your head. If, for some unlikely reason, you have anything attack you from the front, just use the flashlight like a club. It will do serious damage.

My friend who was an MP in the army told me that they used those flashlights on dangerous suspects. First they flashed the light in the perp's eyes to temporarily blind him, then they popped him between the eyes with Mr. Maglite, rendering him docile (and usually unconscious).

The three-cell is comfortable in my DW's hand and she's a tiny, but feisty woman.
wink.png

This is brought to you as a public service announcement. I have no financial interest or interest of ANY kind in the company that makes these awesome flashlights.

Also, I'm very sorry about your turkhen.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh you've made me giggle real good! THanks for that and thanks for the advice on the flashlight. I was going to buy dh a special ops one from a 911 store in the city but couldn't stomach the price. I'll look into the Maglite!

Back
Top Bottom