Sonja Violetta - Connerhills.

@FOWLEDPEAS , welcome back!

-Kathy
Thanks! I love this place!
big_smile.png

Oh. My. Heavens. I'm now coveting peafowl. My poor neighbors would probably never forgive me. And I'd have to build an aviary. But such stunning birds. ..and so are the Midnight ones....I would have to have both! Maybe a Spalding would be quieter...has anybody bred Spalding Sonja Violettas? Or B/S Midnight Spauldings?.. .uh oh...critter collector greed is setting in...mentally spending a fortune. ...aaaargh!

Oh well, I live in Hawaii and almost nobody will ship here anyway. The neighbors will never know what a narrow escape they had.

(Hmmm... maybe if I tell them I want peacocks, they won't complain when I keep a rooster. )

I miss the phone chats with George. Guess it's past due to remove his cell number from my phone. His insight to peafowl and getting them recognized was second to none. You will never be forgotten George Conners,,,not by me anyway.

Here is my young violetta pied cock next to my young IB pied cock so people can see the difference in those two colors... Pics were taken seconds apart at same angle. I know... it’s fall so no trains and they are young... Will get more pics in the spring. But it is good to see what the color looks like in the fall to. 😉

first is my pied violet
E2D66A30-C276-4947-8B6E-FA42FABCE89C.jpeg

DBD3CA92-1E16-44FC-BEC4-FD623CFC35D6.jpeg

D5B2D069-C1E5-44A0-A1A8-C0ABE7AD6195.jpeg

Next is my Pied INDIA BLUE:
7FC7C677-09C4-49E2-B45D-D9959676D197.jpeg

185D5D70-00C7-412C-9DD9-F061F9C6C58F.jpeg

Last edited:
Due to the skepticism of a few members that have mentioned that Violetta's does not exist,there is no pictures of them,or are a pigment that is the same as Midnights, here is pictures to prove otherwise. I personally have witnessed a Black Shoulder Violetta Peacock at Brad Leggs very early last spring. The bird was brought to me and his train color is of no comparision to any color peafowl present today that I have seen, and there is only about 1-2 colors that we do not own here.

We too own a Midnight Black Shoulder peacock that is at least 5 years old now and his train does not resemble the Violettas. George sent me these to post here for him because he is having computer issues. I believe if I'm not mistaken (correct me George if I'm wrong please) that this was the male you had kept for us? Had it not been for us losing our Taupe male in February (having to replace him with a new Taupe male) and having to make two trips to Mississippi because of my mom having a heart by pass,we would have had a breeding trio here this spring at Pea Palace and this Black Shoulder Violetta would have been our eye candy.

Several of these pictures are close ups of the Violetta Black Shoulders train in full sunlight. It in my opinion has an off deep ocean blue-aqua tint in full lite but while I was at Brads during a cloudy, overcast day the color seemed almost a mahogany black. There are many pictures and I will post the best George sent to me. Enjoy!! Here is the proof they are unique and completely diffrent.

Midnight B/S peacock on other side of fence,Violetta B/S peacock closest.

Violettas train-beautiful dark blue

Violetta again,very,very diffrent and easily not comparable to Midnight.

Midnight B/S train with the prominent green pigment above.

Very little green in Violettas, only noticable behind the wing primaries.

Other side of the Violetas train. Very dark ocean blue color above.

This is about as crystal clear side by side as you can get in full sunlite! The green in the Midnights train above is throughout the sides and top,easily a very noticable visual diffrence.

Violetta on the perch.

Even if you try to compare the Violettas train color to a Midnights neck color it isn't the same.

Here the Violetta almost looks black-blue but still no green.

Or is it deep ocean blue?

The eyes doesn't have green in the amount a Midnight has either.

This color is unique, there is nothing like it. Those who doubt the creditability because of no photographic proof, I'm sure from this number of pictures now posted that doubt can be buried.

To link this color as being Midnight, how much better side by side,across the fence comparision is needed? And in full Missouri sunshine! Take great care of this boy George and next year he will be an Illinois resident.
Woah so beautiful

This color has at least 3 different names !
- violetta's .
- Sonja's Violeta .
- violetta.
It's not very serious!
The optimal time to take a pic of the plumage is spring! In the neck there are two colors?

Back
Top Bottom