Sorry

CrazyChickieMama

Songster
11 Years
Feb 23, 2008
Bolton, NC
I know that I've missed a couple deadlines in the past few days...and I know that there really is no excuse, but I've been dealing with something the past few weeks.

My dog, Roxie, who is my heart, was put to sleep at 3:58 pm today. She has been suffering for the past few weeks with an undiagnosed issue, and today I had to make the hardest decision I've ever made.

She had not eaten in the past 5 days and lost about 15 lbs since 2 weeks ago. The vet couldn't find anything wrong with her and we unfortunately could not afford all the tests that needed to be run.

My husband and I decided this morning to let her go...I hate not being able to see her wag her tail when I come home, or have her cuddle on the couch with me whenever my DH is at work. This is THE worst part of being a pet owner. Knowing when to let go.

I have neglected the 2 swaps I'm in, but will mail both things tomorrow.

Some people don't agree with this, but, I hope she is heaven running around right now...I pray she is....Maybe my Grandpa is walking her...I don't know...but I do know this...

I will never forget her...and I love her....and I will always miss her.......

6688_phone_pics_040.jpg

6688_111709_1127.jpg

Sorry for your loss.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."

-Will Rogers

I believe she is still with you, wagging her tail. Just as I believe our passed loved ones of the human variety keep an eye on us, so do beloved passed pets. I'm sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be seperated...

I believe your beloved Roxie is waiting for you, so that one day you can cross the rainbow bridge together.
hugs.gif
So sorry for your loss.

Bless your heart....I'm sorry for your loss and know never apologize for loving your animals....It's who you are and that's a wonderful person......

Thanks for sharing the pictures and more of your beloved. You know our critters mean a lot to us on this board, so we do understand.

Take time to grieve and may your memories of the good times overcome the sad ones........

I'll be praying for you..

I am so sorry... My heart goes out to you... I know its hard..I had to put my 8 year old chihuahua to sleep last jan. just 3 days after her birthday... she was my heart..I know it doesn't feel like it but you did the best thing for your baby... hugs and bless you for making her passing a lot more humane

Back
Top Bottom