Sorting out my Meyers order and some sexing ?? from my hodges order.

HenPecked_bychildren

Songster
10 Years
Feb 24, 2010
SW Florida
Three Blue Lace Red Wyandotte Chicks. What do you think, about 2 weeks old? There were lots of hatching delays with the batch of chicks from a certain place and I guess these hatched and they had to reset my Ameraucanas eggs, so I got my Wyandotte and Cochins a bit older. Fine by me. lol

I love how they blend with the leaves. (these were straight run, so I don't know what I got. One is lighter in color than the other two. But I don't know much about what they should look like to know if you can sex them by that.)
P1020142.jpg

Lemon-Blue Cochins - I got two and it looks like I might have gotten really lucky and got a roo and pullet. !!!
P1020141.jpg

Blue Ameraucana Chicks - I got 6 of them, one didn't make it.
sad.png
Straight run also, some are grey and some are a darker color. Can these be sexed?
P1020126.jpg

I believe these three are from Meyers Rare Marans Collection. No idea what they are...I'm guessing White Marans. Any ideas? All my Meyers chicks are pullets. One of these little babies has a bandaid because she had splayed legs. Hopefully she will be good as new soon.
P1020120.jpg

Silver laced Wyandotte? There are supposed to be 2, but there is not another chick that looks JUST like this one...
P1020125.jpg

Golden Laced Wyandotte or Partridge Rock?
P1020137.jpg

P1020136.jpg

???? I ordered 2 more rare marans collection chicks and 6 BA chicks. Do BA chicks have white wing tips like this?
P1020138.jpg

She's a little wet because we had to clean some butts.
P1020140.jpg

Golden Laced Wyandottes? One silver one golden? lol Of course hatchery chicks aren't going to have perfect coloring. They're just for pets(and eggs).
smile.png

P1020135.jpg

P1020134.jpg

???????
P1020132.jpg

P1020129.jpg

Group shot of the Meyers brooder. Love the sweet girl sleeping with her head in the food. LOL The bright yellow ones are white rocks. Can you ID any others?
P1020128.jpg

P1020127.jpg

Last edited:
I think you need to be patient because the only way to sex chicks that young is vent checking right after hatching. Give it a couple of weeks and then you may be able to tell on some of them, but it is a waiting game when you get straight run chicks.

Quote:
I don't really care about the sexing. I just didn't know if you could tell with those breeds early like you can with some.

I really am more curious to be able to tell which are which out of my meyers order.
smile.png

My splash marans looked just like your pic of the three rare marans...but I am just guessing. He was yellow but with a lavendery/greeny cast to him.

The one silver, one golden pic has a SLW that looked like my hatcher SLW. I think that chick is your 2nd SLW
smile.png

As for the rest....
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom